Ladies Bra Sizing Question

Options
2»

Replies

• persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I think someone has already mentioned that as your chest size goes up each size, your cup size goes down one size. Never understood the logic, something to do with your proportions! So if your chest has expanded, don't be surprised if your cup size has gone down.

As for chest increasing despite weight loss - if you're doing a lot of cardio like jogging, your lungs will have gotten stronger and probably expanded a bit, no bad thing, more oxygen for your cells! Sadly though, the boobs are almost always the first thing to go when losing weight though - the rest of the body will catch up eventually x

Try and get measured in at least 2 places to make sure no one's made a mistake - the best thing you can do to look fabulous is get measured properly!

Ladies in the UK - try Debenhams or Marks and Spencer for both fittings and buying, they're both v good and not too expensive. Plus Debenhams does strapless wonderbras - best things EVER for the Christmas season :o)
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I think someone has already mentioned that as your chest size goes up each size, your cup size goes down one size. Never understood the logic, something to do with your proportions!

Cup size is related to the ratio of the semi-circumference of your breast to the circumference of your rib cage (band size). That's why.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Yes I have gone from a 32DD and now I've measured myself at 34b or c.

Not sure we have VS here in the Uk when I got measured before 32Dd it was by Rogby & Peller .
    I would have thougtht I'd stay the same 32 not got bigger given that my waist has shrunk by quite a bit.

I recommend Marks and Spencers, that's where I've always gone for mine. On the plus side too they have some lovely stuff and aren't expensive. I need a trip too, just don't want to face the fact my boobs are leaving me :sad: