Best HRM Suggestions?

Options
Hey everybody, just thinking of buying one, and wanting to know which one people think is the best? I know it is probably polar, but what model?

Thanks a million guys!:drinker:

Replies

• chantybear
    Options
    Hey everybody, just thinking of buying one, and wanting to know which one people think is the best? I know it is probably polar, but what model?

Thanks a million guys!:drinker:
  • chantybear
    Options
    Something that is not $400 is awesome as well!! :happy:
  • chantybear
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • beahurey
    beahurey Posts: 108
    Options
    I just logged on and was going to ask the same question. Polar F6 or F11? Which is better?
  • chantybear
    Options
    No clue, but no on is posting answers!:frown:
  • amyalwaysonline6
    Options
    I just got mine today, and it's awesome. I just got the f4, cause I'm cheap. I was waaay off on the number of calories I was burning.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Where you way off in a good way or bad way? Were you burning more or less than you thought?
  • coco1029
    Options
    I have the Polar F6 and love it! I can't workout without it. I paid about $90.
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 and I love it. It's nice to know exactly how many calories without guessing. Great for DVD's and such that are hard to calculate. I just did BL Cardio Max and burned 330 calories! Yippee for me! :drinker:

I don't think you can go wrong with F4 or F6, just depends on what you need and how many $$ you want to spend. You'll love it!:heart:
  • mommachag
    Options
    i bought a mio at walmart and I like mine since it has no chest strap. it seems to be right on the money too
  • TheGuardian
    TheGuardian Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I also have the F6. I'm not sure what the differences are between this and the F4, but the price difference is not all that much, plus it was in stock and the F4 was not :)
  • amyalwaysonline6
    Options
    I paid, $55 for mine on ebay. The difference between f4 and f6, I guess, is with the f4 you get cross talk with other peoples if you're at the gym or whatever. I work out at home, so that didn't concern me. Also, I really wanted the red one. I was burning less calories than I thought.
  • beahurey
    beahurey Posts: 108
    Options
    So, I bought the F11. I only paid 115.97. It was 16 bucks more than the F6. If you are associated with the military or can purchase from the PX, BX, or Navy exchanges, the F11 is only 115.97. And there is no sales tax! I can't wait to start using it. Happy working out!
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I got a Timex T5G971 HRM from Amazon for around $40 and so far it works great, though not that pretty..it is actually a Unisex watch so hubby could use it too if he wanted to. But for $50 bucks less than the cheapest Polar I could find, I can do ugly. I have worn it for every workout for past 2 weeks and no problems.
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Polar is the most often recommended HRM on this board by far, so I'm going to get one (as soon as I save all my pennies...)

The F4 and F6 are very similar; the F6 has everything the F4 has, but also comes with what Polar calls its "OwnZone" feature which essentially establishes and track your optimum training zone (HR) for both a light and heavy zone workout. The F6 also includes a simple warmup monitor that lets you know when its time to move into your training zone.

Hard to go wrong with either one...

:glasses:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    My question is: are they hard to figure out?? I am totally dense when it come to little mechanical items, I am quite dense when it comes to the computer too, that is why I have not uploaded any pictures of myself! Let us know which Polar you choose !!!
  • srwings
    srwings Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No, they aren't hard to figure out if you just want to count calories.
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    So, I bought the F11. I only paid 115.97. It was 16 bucks more than the F6. If you are associated with the military or can purchase from the PX, BX, or Navy exchanges, the F11 is only 115.97. And there is no sales tax! I can't wait to start using it. Happy working out!

I just ordered an F6 from AAFES online store. It was $99 plus there is currently a 20% off coupon code: 96vip1 so it actually only cost $79. Plus no tax, no shipping. So definitely if you have access to the military exchanges now would be a good time to look at ordering from them! I am really looking forward to seeing what I really burn in Spin class.
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    i bought a mio at walmart and I like mine since it has no chest strap. it seems to be right on the money too

Hmm, which mio did you get? Don't have any HRM at this time. But eventually, I would get a Polar or a mio.
  • chantybear
    Options
    Thanks for all your guy's help!