MY FIRST KICKBOXING CLASS

I decided to go to the gym today. Normally I workout at home because I am too embarassed to go. But I have to tell you. I GOT MY *kitten* KICKED!
Now I have taken kickboxing classes in the past, it was more like an aerobics class.
But this class was the REAL DEAL! The trainer is a 17 year amateur boxer. We started with jumprope, calisthenics then punching and kicking punching bags and kick pads.
By the end of the class I was shaking and felt like throwing up. I am so out of shape. :cry:
But that is not going to stop me. I will be going back for more next week. I am going to prepare for this class. I will jump rope everyday for five minutes. Do 100 sit-up, push-ups, jumping jacks, and a modified squat thrusts. I'l show them I can do it!
I am proud of myself! It took alot of balls for me to show up in that class!

Replies

• I decided to go to the gym today. Normally I workout at home because I am too embarassed to go. But I have to tell you. I GOT MY *kitten* KICKED!
    Now I have taken kickboxing classes in the past, it was more like an aerobics class.
    But this class was the REAL DEAL! The trainer is a 17 year amateur boxer. We started with jumprope, calisthenics then punching and kicking punching bags and kick pads.
    By the end of the class I was shaking and felt like throwing up. I am so out of shape. :cry:
    But that is not going to stop me. I will be going back for more next week. I am going to prepare for this class. I will jump rope everyday for five minutes. Do 100 sit-up, push-ups, jumping jacks, and a modified squat thrusts. I'l show them I can do it!
    I am proud of myself! It took alot of balls for me to show up in that class!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    YES it did take big balls to take that class and I am SOOOOO proud of you!!! I love kick boxing classes and they REALLY burn up the calories! Hang in there so you can KICK their *kitten*!!!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Im very proud of you for joining the class and showing up I can't even say that about myself. And for it to kick your butt and still willing to go back and get your butt kicked some more and then add more challenge to it way to go.
  • This is going to be one of my favorite classes. I never realized that punching a bag would get rid of anxiety and frustration. What a stress reliever!:bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    that is great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!