Hey All!

I'm not new in the sense that I just joined MFP but I have just been counting my calories in my little corner and not participating in the MFP community. Here's my effort to change that. I need friends ya'll!

My short term goal is to focus on ten pounds at a time. My long term is to lose enough to fit a size 12- I'm in a tight 18 right now. I did this once when I was in college and it was easy too! Of course i had to hike to and from class four times a day, four days a week and had a job where I was in constant movement. Now I'm working at a desk and my longest hike is to and from parking lots! Therein lies my challenge.

Well so far I am 7 pounds down (yay!) but my progress is s l o w! I've learned so much about my eating habits by using MFP and it's most def helping.

My confessions: I'm a hard core fast foodie (I've worked it down to 2-3 times a week from nearly once or twice a day). Carbohydrates are my bestest frienemies (bread, pasta, sweets, and most importantly sweet breads). I'm a Mon - Fri dieter and weekends are whatever but I am more active on the weekends so I think it balances. I'm flighty- i get bored easily, lose motivation quickly, am impatient, impulsive and tend to look only at the now. Whew that looks ugly in black and white!

So hello MFP. Here I am.

Replies

• bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Good grief, you DO need friends!! :happy: Feel free to add me & welcome (back?).:smile:
  • Here is to support! You have me as a buddy!
  • I'm not new in the sense that I just joined MFP but I have just been counting my calories in my little corner and not participating in the MFP community. Here's my effort to change that. I need friends ya'll!

My short term goal is to focus on ten pounds at a time. My long term is to lose enough to fit a size 12- I'm in a tight 18 right now. I did this once when I was in college and it was easy too! Of course i had to hike to and from class four times a day, four days a week and had a job where I was in constant movement. Now I'm working at a desk and my longest hike is to and from parking lots! Therein lies my challenge.

Well so far I am 7 pounds down (yay!) but my progress is s l o w! I've learned so much about my eating habits by using MFP and it's most def helping.

My confessions: I'm a hard core fast foodie (I've worked it down to 2-3 times a week from nearly once or twice a day). Carbohydrates are my bestest frienemies (bread, pasta, sweets, and most importantly sweet breads). I'm a Mon - Fri dieter and weekends are whatever but I am more active on the weekends so I think it balances. I'm flighty- i get bored easily, lose motivation quickly, am impatient, impulsive and tend to look only at the now. Whew that looks ugly in black and white!

So hello MFP. Here I am.

Hello! I'm prety new to MFP! I am the same with getting bored and losing motivation but I've promised myself that this time is going to be different! Feel free to add me!