Sweating

Options
2»

Replies

• DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    These answers are interesting--I don't have an answer and neither did my doc. :-( But just wanted you to know that you are not alone! i call myself the sweaty girl at the gym. I take group classes and I sweat more than the guys. Oh well.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Sorry... perspired! Ladies perspire! Not sweat!

I always heard that ladies glisten, not sweat.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Sweat are little tiny fat cells coming off. :)

Really!?
    no..
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Sweat are little tiny fat cells coming off. :)

Really!?
    no..

hahaha! I so much enjoy the sarcasm!! I would totally friend you, but we're already friends...
  • Crystal_R84
    Crystal_R84 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Oh girl....I am the grossest thing after the gym my hair is soaked and I sweat thru my long sleeve and tshirt...I wear this because if I wear just a tshirt only or tank top I sweat the same but this time sweat just goes all over the place...nobody wants to see that or go on the machines after me even after I wipe them down! LOL I embrace my sweat because to me it means I am accomplishing things!

SO GET YOUR SWEAT ON GIRL!
  • CoSunshine410
    CoSunshine410 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    These answers are interesting--I don't have an answer and neither did my doc. :-( But just wanted you to know that you are not alone! i call myself the sweaty girl at the gym. I take group classes and I sweat more than the guys. Oh well.

I'm the same way. I sweat like crazy! I also drink A TON of water everyday so I am sure that has something to do wtih it. I am always the sweatiest one in class. O well- I know that I work hard so at least I have some proof!
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I once had a coworker say that I was glowing after my run. I think they were being sweet because I SWEAT. LOL
  • fdambrose
    fdambrose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've experienced the same thing and did a little research. I found that an average person sweats between 0.8 to 1.4 liters (roughly 27.4 to 47.3 oz.) per hour during exercise. To help you with a visual, the smaller bike water bottles typically hold 0.6 liters (20 oz.) of fluid and the larger bottles hold 0.7 liters (24 oz.) of fluid.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I've experienced the same thing and did a little research. I found that an average person sweats between 0.8 to 1.4 liters (roughly 27.4 to 47.3 oz.) per hour during exercise. To help you with a visual, the smaller bike water bottles typically hold 0.6 liters (20 oz.) of fluid and the larger bottles hold 0.7 liters (24 oz.) of fluid.

Thats really interesting! I believe it too! x
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I sweated more when I was heavier. Now, I sweat much less.

The new fabrics that wick the sweat off the body keep me fairly dry. My clothes are definitely damp when I change but I wouldn't say I was drenched. I also wear either a bandana (biker style) or a knit cap with the wicking fabric inside so my head doesn't really ever get wet either.

I guess not sweating buckets makes me the odd (wo)man out on this thread! That's cool though...I bet I breathe out a lot more LOUDLY when running or cycling than most folks ! :tongue:
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Sorry... perspired! Ladies perspire! Not sweat!

Or glow :tongue:
  • whit1108
    Options
    I am the same way. When i am done working out it looks like i just got done taking a shower or jumped into the pool. I always wear two tshirts and the sweat goes through both of them.......Sweating more indicates that your efficiently at the job. your body is working more effciently now.. usally the more fit you are the more you sweat. The more fat you lose the more you will sweat when working out. I have also heard that when working out if your not sweating and pink in the face, your not working hard enough..