Has anyone used the Gold's Gym XR 30 i think it is

Options
I have been debating whether to get a gym membership, which i may not get to use that often, OR buy a Gold's Gym weight gym thing for at home. I already have a treadmill that I use a lot, but want to also get into more weight training. Plus if my fiance uses it it would basically pay for itself in about 3 months time for our gym memberships. What does everyone think?

Replies

• LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I was a little skeptical to join a gym at first but I did. I joined Planet Fitness, which is good as a start/ They have weights, machines , a 30 minute circuit like curves. The all staff is certified, They will design a custom program for you. It is only 10 to 20 a months. Golds is more complicated, much more bodybuilders and people judging you, but they do have classes which Planet Fitness dosent.

You need to decide which one meets your needs..Good Luck
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    After shopping around for home gym equipment, I ended up joining my local Gold's Gym. My general experience has been the less expensive gym equipment doesn't last very long or isn't as versatile or convenient and the stuff that lasts a long time costs as much as 3 years membership rather than 3 months. There is something to be said about having it right in the house though.

9114468.png
  • dixierose43
    Options
    My problem is we live 20 minutes from town and the only fitness place we have that is 24 hours in Anytime Fitness. But im kinda nervous to go after work at 1-3 am.
  • txcraftr
    txcraftr Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I go to Anytime Fitness at night,anywhere from 9:30 to 1:00 in the morning and I have found it to be great. The whole place is under survellience all the time with cameras and I have found that the people who are there are as serious about being there as me. I don't bother them and they don't bother me. They are friendly though. I love it.
  • mathewstaci
    Options
    I would say its better to choose home gym equipment, depending on the home gym equipment you purchase, a home gym is less costly than a gym membership. You can work out any time you like. You do not have to schedule your workouts based on when the gym is open. All you need to consider is your fitness needs and knowledge of fitness exercises.

Whey protein powder