The whine thread...

Options
bexominglex
bexominglex Posts: 130 Member
I need to complain, because I am irritable. So this is my thread of things I don't like at the moment. People say complaining is not good for you. I disagree. It's great therapy. Especially when you go back later and read your own stuff and laugh at yourself.

1. I have a headache from whacking my head (not seriously) against a wall about 30 hours ago. Also from not drinking or smoking.
2. I feel nauseated. And I want a cigarette. But I can't have a cigarette because then I will never quit...
3. Nothing good is on television. Why am I paying for cable?
4. I am tired but can't sleep.
5. Toddlers and Tiaras is a really creepy show and all the kids look like store mannequins but it's on TLC right now. How does anyone learn anything watching that show?
6. Feel really spaced out. Uck.
7. Am bruised up from falling down a few days ago. My own fault, but I am still going to whine about it.
8. My bird keeps plucking his feathers out. It's psychological and nothing I can do about it. He has been to an avian vet. He has a DVD to watch, his own cockatiel CD, a blanket, and a bunch of other expensive stuff. He is just simply miserable (he was abused before I adopted him, but I am getting him a buddy soon)
9. My button fern is dying. I have no idea why.
10. I am more or less broke for the next week.
11. I am either too hot or too cold. *shivers* Or both.
12. There are kids screaming outside right now. Which is making my head hurt worse.
13. I am sure I am miserable about something else but can't think of anything else.

Miserable scale for the day 2/10 ;) What about you?

This thread is to be taken with a grain of salt.

Replies

• lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    i love you and I LOVE to whine!! Most of your problems are identical to mine right around bed time, so I will write in this thread tonight!! Thank you for your time to make this thread!!
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be about red or white whine.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

red tonight
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    Options
    i keep trying to text at red lights while driving but keep getting green lights... so annoying.
  • newbie91
    Options
    I love a good whine haha

It's my birthday and I have an exam later today. Yes I'm on here procrastinating!

have an exam tomorrow as well and had one yesterday so not much chance to celebrate.
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options

13. I am sure I am miserable about something else but can't think of anything else.

Love that. I agree--I'm all about staying positive, but sometimes you just need to WHINE. Here's mine for the day: My favorite parakeet died on Sunday for no apparent reason, and my home feels empty without him. This caused me to go on a pizza binge last night, even though I am SUPER sensitive to gluten (definition of crazy). Now I'm both sad and have a severe stomachache. WHINE. :bigsmile:
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I complain all the time, I have days where I wish I didn't, but my boyfriend even accepts that who I am and I probably will never stop complaining and whinging, especially when I'm tired :p
  • bexominglex
    Options
    I am sorry about your parakeet. How many do you have? You said "favorite" so I am picturing about 500 of them flying around.

My sister is also sensitive to gluten. If I was, I wouldn't know as I have been drunk or sleeping for about the last... 12 or 13 years.

Whining can be a sign of being positive if you are half making fun of yourself. Which is what I am doing. I think it annoys people when they take themselves too seriously.

Those Hellion children have gone home. Good. ;)

(I don't know about you guys, but happy children make me depressed when I am in a bad mood, especially when their parents let them scream bloody murder in a residential neighborhood- I saw a sign outside a restaurant awhile ago that I loved "Unattended children will be given free kittens and cappucinos"...)
  • bexominglex
    Options
    I am sort of making fun of myself more than anything. I figured it would make people laugh. Usually when I am having a really bad day I am too self-absorbed to talk to anyone else. ;)

Also, I agree that being positive is important, but I have to balance that positivity out...
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I love your post, LOL

I'm miserable because I have to work out every day.
    I'm miserable because I want to drink wine but can't because I'll gain more weight. I drank too much over the weekend.
    I'm miserable because I think I gained a pound... uggg.
    I'm miserbale because my weight loss is so darn S-L-O-W.
    I'm miserable because I want Italian food but know I can't. Ohh hell no, LOL

I'm sure there are many other reasons why I'm miserable too. So lets all smile and enjoy life through our misery :flowerforyou:

Isn't it nice to vent!!!!??
  • val205
    val205 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Here's my whine (hope it helps by getting it off my chest):
    I'm tired;
    I don't like my job;
    I don't have enough money;
    I'm not losing weight fast enough for my liking (I'm impatient);
    I'm working really hard but only my hubby has noticed the results so far;
    My kids are driving me nuts! I love them so much but man, are they NOISY.
    There aren't enough hours in the day;
    Why am I the one in this house of four that has to clean the toilets?

Now for a big deep breath and a moments peace. Thank you, I feel better already :)
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options

There's a group for that!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/163-cheap-wine
  • bexominglex
    Options
    I didn't click on the link, but I saw that it's labelled cheap wine in the url. And that made me burst out laughing. Cheap wine group...
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options

There's a group for that!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/163-cheap-wine

Thank you for this!! I had no idea it existed!! :laugh:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I didn't click on the link, but I saw that it's labelled cheap wine in the url. And that made me burst out laughing. Cheap wine group...
    We're good people. :smile:
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    This day cannot get any better for me! Want some?
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    It's snowing sideways and the temperature is going to get into single digits soon. I don't think I've ever experienced that in my life, but now I live in MN so I shall. And much, much colder.
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I am sorry about your parakeet. How many do you have? You said "favorite" so I am picturing about 500 of them flying around.

I just had two, but the other one is a total dud, personality-wise. He just sits on his perch and stares blankly, and flies across the cage if a hand approaches. Or if you look at him. His name is Dr. Seuss because he's yellow and green and blue, but he does NOT live up to his name (whine). The one that died was a little blue guy named Shakespeare, and he was definitely a poet! He would sing me arias and have full conversations back and forth with a person, and he'd hop right up to you... very communicative, scary smart, funny little guy. We're thinking he died of old age? I only had him for 5 years but don't know how old he was when I got him. Well crap. Now I'm all sad again. Must... stop... typing... before I turn to another masochistic gluten binge... whine...
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    :tongue:
    i keep trying to text at red lights while driving but keep getting green lights... so annoying.

was that you I kept haonking at earlier because you were going so slow? lol
  • bexominglex
    Options
    Awww. I am sorry about Shakespeare. :( but Shakespeare wouldn't want you to go into a masochistic gluten binge, would he? He'd want you to honor his funky little memory by flying straight (no pun intended).