Constant Headaches?

Options
OK so not entirely related to weight loss - but figured if i put this under the 'fitness' tab its kind of related!
Lately, for the last week or so, I have had pretty much constant headaches. It feels like my brain is too big for my head (LOL!) what i really mean is my head feels like its throbbing and about to burst! :ohwell: silly i know!!! also feeling very lethargic and wanting to sleep a lot.
any tips!!??
thanks!

Replies

• gilly88
    gilly88 Posts: 114
    Options
    OK so not entirely related to weight loss - but figured if i put this under the 'fitness' tab its kind of related!
    Lately, for the last week or so, I have had pretty much constant headaches. It feels like my brain is too big for my head (LOL!) what i really mean is my head feels like its throbbing and about to burst! :ohwell: silly i know!!! also feeling very lethargic and wanting to sleep a lot.
    any tips!!??
    thanks!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    are you limiting your unsaturated fat intake? Omega-3 fatty acids are essential for brain function. And our body can't produce them, so if you don't eat any...

course it could also be dehydration too. Are you getting enough water?

That's 2 off the top of my head.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    any tips!!??
    thanks!
    How's that water drinking going? :wink: :drinker: Dehydration can often bring about headaches & some of the other symptoms you shared... might take a look to see how much you're getting in daily or any lifestyle changes that have been made more recently.

Always wise to check with your doctor as well in case it's something that needs to be checked out further.:flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • candiandi
    Options
    Did you go from drinking caffine to absolutely no caffine?! That can be a BIG source of awful headaches for a week to two weeks as well.
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I like what SBHboss 1673 wrote, it really could be that you are over doing , lack ing omega 3/fatty acids and a biggie is not enough water,if it's been over a week go to your family doctor- you just may never know...

Good Luck!
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    How do I get this ticker thing to work?
  • gilly88
    Options
    thanks all - i called the doctor who pretty much said what you all did - so your advice was great! thanks :smile:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Read a similar problem on another thread- ended up being a CO2 problem- gas leak in the house. Check this, just to be safe, especially if they are worse in the house. Also, are you on a computer often?
  • gilly88
    Options
    gosh a c02 leak thats scary! thankfully my housemate is feeling fine!
    yes, i do spend a lot of time on the computer writing essays for school - im sure that doesnt help!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I use to get constant headaches and then had an allergy test and found out that I am allergic to milk! Since I have limited my milk the headaches and stomach aches have gone away. I never would have figured it out on my own. This may not be what is happening to you, but if it isn't diet or exercise related maybe see your doctor and get an allergy test done.