Taking Measurements the Right Way?

Options
Can anyone tell me the correct way to be taking my measurements, or I guess let me know if I am doing it wrong? The waist is pretty easy - I measure at the most narrow spot. But where exactly do you measure on the hips? The widest part? At the hipbone? Closer to your butt?? I have read below the belly button and at your right hipbone, so I would like to know the correct way....if there is one. I am trying to hit the widest part right now. The ironic thing is I used to take little ones measurements as part of my job...can't figure out how to measure a real life grown up!:ohwell: Thanks!!!

Replies

• GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me the correct way to be taking my measurements, or I guess let me know if I am doing it wrong? The waist is pretty easy - I measure at the most narrow spot. But where exactly do you measure on the hips? The widest part? At the hipbone? Closer to your butt?? I have read below the belly button and at your right hipbone, so I would like to know the correct way....if there is one. I am trying to hit the widest part right now. The ironic thing is I used to take little ones measurements as part of my job...can't figure out how to measure a real life grown up!:ohwell: Thanks!!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I measure at the largest point on my body for everything except my waist. That I measure at the smallest point. It doesn't really matter how you do it as long as you do it the same way each time. Mark your measuring by the largest point or by a birthmark, scar or freckle so you get an accurate account of any measurement changes. :flowerforyou: