shoes and/or inserts

Options
I want to preface this by saying, I dont have alot of money to spend on expensive shoes or inserts.

However, I am noticing that my feet hurt during high impact exercise like step aerobics and kickboxing. It makes it so that I do'nt want to finish the class, but I do.

I was thinking about those Dr Scholls custom fit insoles. But I'm open to suggestions, any ideas? I have very wide feet so the one time I bought more expensive sneakers they ended up hurting my feet more because they didn't have enough give in the toe box.

Replies

• PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have Morton's Neuroma in both feet (kind of like pinched nerves in the ball of the foot). The only thing that has helped me for jogging is buying $$$ shoes (Saucony) and then also $30 inserts. It's not cheap!

The inserts I use are called Super Feet. They are sold at athletic shoe stores (like Fleet Foot) for about $35-$40but I did find a second pair on ebay for $30. They are nice because you cut them to fit your exact shoe.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i have plantofaciitis in my feet and have spent alot of money on orthotics... and have since noticed that you can buy them cheap from chemists. so you could try some chemist orthotics and see if they work.

the orthotics work during the winter because i'm always wearing shoes, but my feet always hurt in summer because i love wearing thongs (flip flops) and my feet just get sore.