Difference in treadmills at my gym

Options
Hello! This week I hoped on the treadmill at my gym and ran 1 1/2 miles relatively easily. I was sweating and whatnot after but I felt great during and after my workout. Tonight I went back to the gym and I had to get on a different treadmill (different brand) than the one I usually use and again ran 1 1/2 miles but this time it was SO DIFFICULT! I was struggling to do the full workout and super exhausted at the end. It was the same speed, same incline, but for some reason I almost couldn't finish the 1 1/2 miles.

So my question is why are some treadmills so different from others? Why is one treadmill easier to run on and the other more difficult? And should I go with the more difficult treadmill or stick with my usual one?
Thanks everyone!

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Could it be the placement of ceiling fans near the treadmills? If I don't have good airflow around me, I'm miserable. If there's a decent breeze from the ceiling fans, it's much easier.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Could it be the placement of ceiling fans near the treadmills? If I don't have good airflow around me, I'm miserable. If there's a decent breeze from the ceiling fans, it's much easier.

Agreed! The air vents or fans make a difference, as well as your body. Certain days I can do 1 mile no problem and others it's difficult!
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill at home and most days I can do 2 miles no problem and some days (not often thank god) I really struggle at the same speed and incline. Can't figure it out either.
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options

Agreed! The air vents or fans make a difference, as well as your body. Certain days I can do 1 mile no problem and others it's difficult!

Yes I agree! If I have a breeze, I can run for much longer. I also have those days where my body isn't feeling it. :D
  • michelleherinckx
    Options
    Hmm maybe it is just my body having a funky day :)