Who uses mfp guided weight loss amount?

Options
Who sets their own weekly goal and who follows the Mfp recommendation ?
Mfp recommended I set mine to 1lb per week but I've set it to 1.5 a week and dont feel deprived food wise.

Curious to see what others do?

Replies

• alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    it always recommends 1lb/week
  • weezella
    weezella Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use the mfp recommended calories for 2 lb a week weight loss. I am almost always under or right at my daily calorie goal but I set it for the 2 lb a week so if I do eat a little heavier one day here and there I don't feel so bad about it.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The default is 1lb/week, just like default for protein is 15% which to me is WAY too low ;) I'm more comfortable shooting for 35% carbs 35% protein and 30% fat.

I'm shooting for 2lbs a week but I do have 150lbs to lose. Someone with 30 lbs to lose should be looking at a decreased rate of loss and be getting used to eating closer to what they will to maintain their weight :)
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I use the recommended 1lb/week. I was changing it up a bit before but I went back to the recommended because I noticed I was slowly majorly on losing.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I started out going for 2 lbs per week (1200 net calorie goal at that time), then after dropping some weight I adjusted to 1 lb per week (currently 1210 net calorie goal). I've always lost at about the rate I requested. And I eat most of my exercise calories.
  • razorspells
    Options
    I have been following MFP's recommendation and mine is set to 2 lbs per week. I'm doing good with that setting :happy:
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I 1.5 lb a week... living in Metric-land I've always been told to aim for (or go no more than) 1kg a week, which is 2.2lbs. I still generally lose under the 1kg mark.
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the recommend amounts for 1.5 pounds a week. It recommends 1 lb a week but I figure by setting it at 1.5 I'm giving myself a little wiggle room and will be happy with a 1 lb loss. And even happier with 1.5 :)