Opinion on a gift for my boyfriend!

Options
2»

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    do they have pottery places near you? you could make him something there. i think it would be cool if a girlfriend made me a coffee mug or something.

Jesus...I'd almost rather not get a gift.

Just thinking outside the box...what about a nice weekender bag? Something to encourage him to visit you a little more? Jack Spade, Ralph Lauren, and Killspencer all make pretty great bags.
    -wtk

I think a really effing cool murse is actually a great idea for a gift, with a personalized name tag inside from you for identification, if he travels for hockey etc, this is a great idea. If your set on the gift boxes though Sunshine, I would do 1 or 2. PS A really kick *kitten* watch for cheap on Ebay or beyondtherack.com (super good sales on there for EVERYTHING) would be nice too. If all else fails, what about a chain and pendant? I think if you want to go sentimental, make it something he does carry with him everyday so he's always reminded of you. :)

Already has an expensive watch :/ and he never wears it! Like i said before I would like to replace his chain and pendant that he used to wear.. not sure of man jewelry though xD know any good places to look?
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I like the murse idea as well. I need to plant that idea in my wifes mind ASAP!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    The beautiful box is something that he'll have for years and will be memorable :) And that's what it's all about. :heart:
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I like that idea too! Kind of reminds me of what a few other guy suggested earlier today:
    http://www.theartofshaving.com/

I exclusively use Art of Shaving products. I use their lavender line because I have sensitive skin. I use a silver-tipped badger hair brush...keep in mind that those have to be replaced about every six-to-eight months depending on usage. So there's a potential birthday gift idea too.
    -wtk
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Although not as high up as the murse or the shaving gear, hit your nearest Dillards, find the Russian girl at the cologne counter and ask her to smell Dirty English, or pick his favorite cologne. Guys are different. Sometimes it's nice (as a guy) to have my wife notice things that are either wearing out, or need replacing and then get those things which he wouldn't get himself.
  • ket_the_jet
    Options
    The beautiful box is something that he'll have for years and will be memorable :) And that's what it's all about.

Do you really believe that? I throw out superfluous bric-a-brac all the time. I'm pretty sure if I got a keepsake box that couldn't even hold my spare buttons, it would sit in the back of a desk drop a few months before ending up in the fireplace.
    -wtk
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    do they have pottery places near you? you could make him something there. i think it would be cool if a girlfriend made me a coffee mug or something.

Jesus...I'd almost rather not get a gift.

Just thinking outside the box...what about a nice weekender bag? Something to encourage him to visit you a little more? Jack Spade, Ralph Lauren, and Killspencer all make pretty great bags.
    -wtk

I think a really effing cool murse is actually a great idea for a gift, with a personalized name tag inside from you for identification, if he travels for hockey etc, this is a great idea. If your set on the gift boxes though Sunshine, I would do 1 or 2. PS A really kick *kitten* watch for cheap on Ebay or beyondtherack.com (super good sales on there for EVERYTHING) would be nice too. If all else fails, what about a chain and pendant? I think if you want to go sentimental, make it something he does carry with him everyday so he's always reminded of you. :)

Already has an expensive watch :/ and he never wears it! Like i said before I would like to replace his chain and pendant that he used to wear.. not sure of man jewelry though xD know any good places to look?

Not sure of man jewelry either or places to look, but that's definitely a good idea if its something he loved and needs replacing. My Mr actually has multiple bags he cycles through for gym/work/business/ and now I think I just found my own Christmas gift Idea for him, lol a really nice murse so he'll stop using all the other free ones he's been given or don't fit his stuff in an organized way. Another functional but sentimental idea, a personalized cell phone cover (not romantic I know, lol)? Or a lap top cover, google is your friend my dear. :D Happy hunting.
  • Ebbykins
    Options
    The beautiful box is something that he'll have for years and will be memorable :) And that's what it's all about.

Do you really believe that? I throw out superfluous bric-a-brac all the time. I'm pretty sure if I got a keepsake box that couldn't even hold my spare buttons, it would sit in the back of a desk drop a few months before ending up in the fireplace.
    -wtk

LOL I love your honesty. And I actually agree. On a side note... why not a Bonzai with the trimming kit for him to grow it over time... that's kinda weird, but still ornamental/sentimental?
    Options
    I like that idea too! Kind of reminds me of what a few other guy suggested earlier today:
    http://www.theartofshaving.com/

I exclusively use Art of Shaving products. I use their lavender line because I have sensitive skin. I use a silver-tipped badger hair brush...keep in mind that those have to be replaced about every six-to-eight months depending on usage. So there's a potential birthday gift idea too.
    -wtk

ohh and his birthday is right around 6 months away! I really like this idea the most really. He has to shave all the time so it would be something new and practical :D
    Options

-wtk

LOL I love your honesty. And I actually agree. On a side note... why not a Bonzai with the trimming kit for him to grow it over time... that's kinda weird, but still ornamental/sentimental?

I am loving the honesty too xD Girls love that sort of cute stuff, but guys.. not so much :D glad I got your opinion!
    Hmm, i don't know if he would take it with him (travels for hockey) but those things are cool :D loving this shaving thing though
  • Ebbykins
    Options

-wtk

I am loving the honesty too xD Girls love that sort of cute stuff, but guys.. not so much :D glad I got your opinion!
    Hmm, i don't know if he would take it with him (travels for hockey) but those things are cool :D loving this shaving thing though

Did I tell you what I got from my Mr for Christmas early? LOL. A smexy vacuum, no really, I wanted it, lol. It's the smexiest vaccum evah. I love to vacuum. I think I have issues. PS I have also debated getting my guy an Xbox 360, but secretly it's really for me. 0.o LOL. I kids.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Actually I assume that sunshine has a good idea of what her boyfriend values and likes so yeah, I honestly think that. It's fine twith me that you disagree. Are we ok here ? : )
  • ket_the_jet
    Options
    I was actually just at the Art of Shaving store in Tyson's Corner last week...they had a new gift set/travel kit in the store.

I think it was this: http://www.theartofshaving.com/shop/travel/travel-kits/90072

The only potential problem is that a shaving brush should not be set down on it's side or worse yet, base-side down. You should buy a clip or mount so that it can hang with the badger hair down. I know that's not particularly conducive to constant travel, but it's worth keeping in mind.

Also, get him a safety razor and a pack of replacement blades. It's the closest shave possible and far more manly than a Mach Three or whatever kids are using these days. Shaving should be cathartic. I really value the time I stand in front of a mirror taking off facial hair.

Anyways, I think I've dropped enough science for today. Go for functionality.
    -wtk
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Unless he wears French cuffs ever, he doesn't need links. If he wears them even two or three times a year, a pair of links is a nice gesture and he'll be forced to think of you every time he wears the shirt.

Maybe a tie clip is a better option? Right now this kitschy one is on my list of ridiculous items to buy:
    http://www.tsaiclip.com/products/moustache-tie-clip

Good luck. I value functionality over sentiment, so I won't be a great help. I'd say something like a nice wallet would be wonderful. He'd use it almost every day and you'd know he appreciates it when he pulls it out of his pocket to pay for your dinner and drinks. Does he play music? Here's a fun one:
    http://www.whippingpost.com/collections/wallets
    -wtk

The tie clip is a good idea! He has to wear a tie to hockey games occasionally. I like the wallet idea too :] Not a musician, but an athlete. Life revolves around hockey! Have been trying to think of something with that, but haven't come up with anything unfortunately >.<

He also used to wear a gold chain with a hockey sticks pennant. Got broke and lost one day so i thought I could maybe replace it? I have no clue when it comes to man jewelry tho xD

You know, depending how big the boxes are, you could buy him one of those - then put a tie clip or the new pennant inside? >.> Just a thought. <3
    Options
    I was actually just at the Art of Shaving store in Tyson's Corner last week...they had a new gift set/travel kit in the store.

I think it was this: http://www.theartofshaving.com/shop/travel/travel-kits/90072

The only potential problem is that a shaving brush should not be set down on it's side or worse yet, base-side down. You should buy a clip or mount so that it can hang with the badger hair down. I know that's not particularly conducive to constant travel, but it's worth keeping in mind.

Also, get him a safety razor and a pack of replacement blades. It's the closest shave possible and far more manly than a Mach Three or whatever kids are using these days. Shaving should be cathartic. I really value the time I stand in front of a mirror taking off facial hair.

Anyways, I think I've dropped enough science for today. Go for functionality.
    -wtk

Ahh taking notes! Was looking at http://www.theartofshaving.com/shop/shaving-products/shaving-kits/98059 right as you posted that actually.

A much better gift then the box for sure :] He cares a lot about his facial hair. Eyebrows/chinstrap/scruff haha this could be the perfect gift :D
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options
    Buy me any 49er paraphernalia and I'm gold! He likes hockey, so would his favorite hockey team paraphernalia work.