Hi from WV

Options
Hello all,

I am a 37 year old mom of 4 from WV. I quit smoking 3 months ago and gained 9 pounds on top of the 50 I already needed to lose. Today is my 2nd start of the year to a whole new life. I have the smoking under control. Now it's time to say goodbye to the fat too.

I have tried and failed many times over at controlling my weight. So far only false success at crash diets that in the end ruin me. No more!! I have a new lease on life and it's time to get serious.

Replies

• AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hey back from WV : ) Good thing you are getting a grip on the stop smoking weight early! I gained a bunch after quitting smoking as well. Sooner you start dealing with it the better!

Welcome to MFP! You have come to the right place to see and be motivated by others' success.

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • streetnamejim
    Options
    Hello WV!! Same here... quit smoking... started exercising and paying attention to what I'm eating. This myfitnesspal thing really makes the difference.

Add me if you like AEB_WV. She's wild!
  • ADJulie
    ADJulie Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hi also from WV. Congrats on quitting smoking. I struggle with that off and on because it is how I relieve stress. I am a 35 year old mother of 2 who understands exactly what you mean about the fat. I started my journey almost 2 years ago at over 300 lbs. I am not hovering around 200.

This is a great place to get the motivation and encouragement you need to make this a change that will last a lifetime.

Feel free to add me.