kids craft as a gift to Dad

Options
smuehlbauer
smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
Hey guys and gals! I need your help. My boy friend has two girls ages 6 & 8. I'd like to do some sort of craft with them that they would be able to give Dad as a Christmas gift from them. Any ideas?
Thanks!:flowerforyou:
Steph

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Does he have a yard or a garden? A few years ago I made a garden stepping stone for my dad for Fathers Day. It was in the shape of a heart and you can engrave something on it, "bedazzle" it, and paint it once it's dry. He still has it in his garden. I got the kit from Michaels.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    picture frames! craft stores have kits, they can paint and decorate, and you add a nice photo of them, or each of them with their dad.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    picture frames or scrapbook!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    check out Pinterest.com........... its full of every idea IMAGINABLE! You have to request an invitation, but from there its like a whole world of awesome ideas!
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I love stepping stones and Oriental trading.com has tons of DAD craft kits....now you get 12 of them but it's a good place to go for ideas. I also love to do "handprint" type crafts so that I can remember how small their hands where! Search handprint crafts.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I like the stepping stone idea, but I wold get them to put their handprints in it.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Get them paints brushes and canvases from a dollar store or zellers, not michaels (overpriced for the same stuff) and have them paint a picture for him, and out them into frames. He will be tickled pink and they will feel proud of the real art they made. Not just magneted to the fridge.
    You could also have them do a multi-medium collage. Marker drawings, magazine cutouts, paint, photographs of then together, and put it in a frame.
    What a great idea! You're a very thoughtful girlfriend to be doing this with his girls. High five.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Record them singing a song for him and burn it to a dvd.
  • branflake5
    Options
    They sell ginger bread kits at walmart for like 10 bucks, or u can take the kids to a craft store and pick out some items to make christmas ornaments or to make picture frame and put a picture of the whole family in it