Help with calorie goal

Options
Hey all,

Ok i'm a utter newbie with the whole calorie thing, and going by what mfp suggests my calorie goal for each day is 2020... now that seems like a lot of calories, and i kinda get close to that in a couple of days but the rest of the time i'm sitting around 1500-1600, or under.

My question is does it matter if i don't get to that figure? Cos some days i just don't think i can eat that much food to get to that amount of calories....

help pretty please!!

Replies

• TiffaniM82
    TiffaniM82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is very important to reach your calorie goal. If you don't get enough calories/nutrition, then your body starts eating the muscles instead of fat. However, that seems like a very high goal. My husband is 6'6" and trying to lose 60lbs and his isn't even that high. You might want to make sure all your numbers are accurate in your profile. My weight loss goal is 2lbs a week, with the end goal of 80lbs being lost and my goal is 1400 calories (just to give you an idea). Hope this helped!
  • Espichick11
    Options
    ME TOOO!!!! I am new, started yesterday and I haven't gotten close to my calorie goal I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. I used to eat only 1 snack and 1 meal a day which I know is HORRIBLE, but now I have started spreading out meals and putting glasses of h2o in between and I am so full and I have a ton of calories left. Working out has added to the already high amount of calories I am allowed. It seems like so much....I know thats not helping you, just want you to know I am confused as well.
  • Raihaanah
    Raihaanah Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Find your body weight times 15 for women and 16 for men. the number that comes out is your maintenance calories.Now times 20% to your maintenance calories and that will equal your cal deficit. I know alot of math..lol, that's why we have calculators.Anyways, now take your maintenance,subtract your calorie deficit from that and it will equal your calorie per day.But, if you want fat loss, the general rule is the total daily deficit created through caloric restriction and exercise and should be no greater than 1000 calories a day.EX: female weighing 200lbs..200*15=3000(this is her maintenance calories)
    3000*0.20(20%)=600(calorie deficit)
    3000-600=2400(daily calorie intake)
    For fat loss take away 1000=1400(calories to set for the female to eat every day, but her expenditure will have her eating less.
    Hope this helps..I just recently learned this.