What cool stuff can I do with cocoa powder?

Options
heykatieben
heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
Heya! I'm looking to hack the sweet tooth, so I bought some cocoa powder today. :D So far I've added it to coconut, and that was yum... what other tasty, surprisingly healthy things can I do with this?

Replies

• MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    add 1/3 cup to boxed angel food cake mix, and bake as normal. Serve with strawberries and some light cool whip :)
  • saj6
    saj6 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    its not sweet, but I always add a few tablespoons to a pot of chili when I make some.
  • drusso1491
    drusso1491 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    may sound kinda weird but i add a tablespoon or 2 to my oatmeal before i cook it... actually comes out pretty decent
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Mix it into cottage cheese or low-fat ricotta with a bit of truvia. Variation: add cinnamon and chili powder. Sounds crazy, but it's not.

Also throw it into yogurt with some instant espresso powder and truvia. For real.
  • Sarahmt29
    Options
    Mix it in a blender with a little skim milk, ice, and a banana. Low cal milk shake!
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    try leanbodylifestyle on youtube, he has many healthy recipes with cocoa powder

http://www.youtube.com/user/leanbodylifestyle#p/u/1/f3j-jE8Xewc
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    Options
    When I did the Daniel Fast with my church last year (completely clean eating - the only time I have done that successfully), I was DYING for something chocolate, so I mixed cocoa powder with agave nectar and dipped fresh fruit in it. It came out like a fondue. Sweet tooth and sticking to the Fast accomplished!

Edit: You could heat the cocoa/agave mix up for a warm fondue feeling. Add some toasted almonds for the extra nutty flavor. Mmmmm...I think I'll go make some!
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I like it in oatmeal and plain Greek yogurt. It is also good in chili.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I add it to protein shakes.
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Yay! These are just the kinds of crazy creative ideas I was looking for! Thanks guys, yum!! :D
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I add it to protein shakes.

Me too!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorites! http://whatscookingamerica.net/Cookie/ChocolateMeringue.htm

Only 11 calories per cookie!
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I add it to protein shakes. once in a while I make homemade chocolate bars.. 6 tbl coconut oil, 4 tbs cocoa, and 4-5 tbs of raw sugar - all melted together then poured into paper muffin cups and stuck in the fridge unitl hard.. YUM