Todays menu

Options
Posting this again for those of you wondering what you can eat and may need ideas. The snacks I spread out over the day. Usually at 10:00, 11:30, and 3:00

Here's what I'm having today. This menu has more fat than I normally eat. Typically we have home cooked meals, but I'm feeling lazy today, so I'm having frozen premade junk with fruit and veggies added to make it a little healthier. I will probably also end up having a protein shake and a banana 'cause I'm planning on doing some lifting and running after work this evening, but I don't have the exercise logged yet. I am walking over my lunch which I do already have logged.

Breakfast

Blueberry smoothy, made with
Blueberries - Frozen, unsweetened, 0.75 cup, unthawed 59
Yoplait - Lowfat Vanilla Yogurt, 7.5 oz 213
Generic - Slivered Almonds , 0.75 Tablespoon 37
White tea O

Lunch
Banquet - Beef Pot Pie, 7 oz, 1 pie 300
Fresh - Fuji Apple, Medium, 1 medium 80

Dinner
Digiorno - Pepporoni Pizza, 1/6 pizza 330
Generic - Broccoli - Frozen, 1 CUP 50

Snacks
Red Grapes - Red Seedless Grapes, 20 grape 68
V8 - Vegetable Juice, 0.49 container (container (11.5 fl. oz.)) 34
Borden - 100 Calorie Snacks - Pepper Jack Cheese Sticks, 1 Stick (1oz) 100
General Millls - Fiber One - Chewy Bar, Oats & Caramel, 1 bar 140

Total: 1,411 Calories

Replies

• Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Posting this again for those of you wondering what you can eat and may need ideas. The snacks I spread out over the day. Usually at 10:00, 11:30, and 3:00

Here's what I'm having today. This menu has more fat than I normally eat. Typically we have home cooked meals, but I'm feeling lazy today, so I'm having frozen premade junk with fruit and veggies added to make it a little healthier. I will probably also end up having a protein shake and a banana 'cause I'm planning on doing some lifting and running after work this evening, but I don't have the exercise logged yet. I am walking over my lunch which I do already have logged.

Breakfast

Blueberry smoothy, made with
    Blueberries - Frozen, unsweetened, 0.75 cup, unthawed 59
    Yoplait - Lowfat Vanilla Yogurt, 7.5 oz 213
    Generic - Slivered Almonds , 0.75 Tablespoon 37
    White tea O

Lunch
    Banquet - Beef Pot Pie, 7 oz, 1 pie 300
    Fresh - Fuji Apple, Medium, 1 medium 80

Dinner
    Digiorno - Pepporoni Pizza, 1/6 pizza 330
    Generic - Broccoli - Frozen, 1 CUP 50

Snacks
    Red Grapes - Red Seedless Grapes, 20 grape 68
    V8 - Vegetable Juice, 0.49 container (container (11.5 fl. oz.)) 34
    Borden - 100 Calorie Snacks - Pepper Jack Cheese Sticks, 1 Stick (1oz) 100
    General Millls - Fiber One - Chewy Bar, Oats & Caramel, 1 bar 140

Total: 1,411 Calories
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    hey anna its pizza night for me too, although I am indulging in it a lot more than you are, hehe about 800 cals worth :noway: lol, gonna enjoy every single bite.

Ps- I wanna steal your smoothie right off this post. mmmmmmmmmm blueberry smooties are my fave.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    FYI on the beef pot pie...banquet still uses trans fat and alot of saturated fat in general and very high sodium
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    GUIS!!! Make home-made pizza! Take a couple tortillas (Low carb or whatever) and put BBQ sauce down then Grilled chicken, then Red, Green Peppers & Red onion. Top off with FF Cheese AND BOTTA BING YOU CAN EAT THE ENTIRE DAD GUM THING for about 500 cals and SOO much more satisfying than 1 slice of PIZZA!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    FYI on the beef pot pie...banquet still uses trans fat and alot of saturated fat in general and very high sodium

Yep, I know. It's the only kind they sell down here at our store, and I'm really craving it. Normally I make my own. Usually at lunch we eat homemade soups that I freeze, but none of those sounded as good as salty, fatty pot pie. I was just wanting people to see that it's okay to eat crap occationally, and still stay within your calories, and still lose weight.
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    GUIS!!! Make home-made pizza! Take a couple tortillas (Low carb or whatever) and put BBQ sauce down then Grilled chicken, then Red, Green Peppers & Red onion. Top off with FF Cheese AND BOTTA BING YOU CAN EAT THE ENTIRE DAD GUM THING for about 500 cals and SOO much more satisfying than 1 slice of PIZZA!!

We are having the pizza cause the kids are having friends overnight. And when I have pizza I want thick crust. I'll only have one piece which will fill me up.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Yep, I know. It's the only kind they sell down here at our store, and I'm really craving it. Normally I make my own. Usually at lunch we eat homemade soups that I freeze, but none of those sounded as good as salty, fatty pot pie. I was just wanting people to see that it's okay to eat crap occationally, and still stay within your calories, and still lose weight.

I know what you mean.....a little crap lol, can be a good thing once in awhile:smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

:laugh: I'm not having 1 slice silly. I'm having 3. And I already did my extra workout to earn it. I do the tortilla thing sometimes but this is special! I love pizza- any kind of pizza, so 1 slice just doesn't cut it. :laugh:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options

:laugh: I'm not having 1 slice silly. I'm having 3. And I already did my extra workout to earn it. I do the tortilla thing sometimes but this is special! I love pizza- any kind of pizza, so 1 slice just doesn't cut it. :laugh:

:happy: Sometimes you just need pizza. I don't do the tortilla thing cause I hate thin crust pizza. I mostly eat it for the crust.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this menu, Anna. I think it's great to see that you 1) eat 1400 calories daily, and 2) can be happy with a day when you eat pre-packaged food, because lots of us do this but feel 'lesser than', and some try to hide that.

BTW, you made me remember that I :heart: V8!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    Thanks for posting this menu, Anna. I think it's great to see that you 1) eat 1400 calories daily, and 2) can be happy with a day when you eat pre-packaged food, because lots of us do this but feel 'lesser than', and some try to hide that.

BTW, you made me remember that I :heart: V8!!

I get those little cans of V8 and drink them while I eat some cheese. Helps me get an extra serving of veggies
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I just ate a slice of cheese bakery pizza, the kind wih the bread dough crust and tons of mozzaella and provolone cheese, I don't like anything else on it, just cheese...yummy, it was piping hot and was calling my name!
  • inkedcelticcross
    inkedcelticcross Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Starbucks Grande Decaf brew w/half & half and a 15.2oz Naked Juice Orange Mango ~ 300 calories

Lunch - 5oz baked sweet potato, 1/3cup black beans, 1/3cup black beans, 1/3cup lima beans

Dinner - ??? It's the wife's birthday dinner. Sound like a take out meal - buffalo chicken salad from Zaxby's or Wild WIngs

I'm picking up her requested birthday dessert - cherry pie and whipped cream. MIGHT have a piece of that tonight.
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    My hubbies B-day was yesterday. We had brisket and twice baked potatoes for supper last night. It was Yummy. We don't have any good eating places here, other wise I would have taken him out.
  • inkedcelticcross
    inkedcelticcross Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    We have a 9 y.o.Autistic son and he does not do well at restaurants. Definitely NOT enjoyable for the rest of the family either, so when we can - we order take out. Mostly major fast food chains close to us anyway - so we are not missing much.
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    This is my meanu for the day minus Dinner and after dinner snack

Breakfast
    Slimfast shake: 210

snack:
    Fiber One Bar - Oat and Carmel Bar : 140

Lunch:
    3 oz baked potato w/ 1 T smart balance butter 133
    1 1/2 cups Broccoli and Cauliflower w/ cheese slice 140
    1/2 gala apple 36

Total 309

Snack
    String Cheese 80
    6 Triscuit hint of salt crackers180
    10 Grapes 34

Total: 244

Not sure what's for dinner so I eating light just in case!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    We have Subway 15 miles from our house, or a really crappy cafe. Really not worth the drive for take out.:bigsmile:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options

Breakfast

snack:

Lunch:
    1 1/2 cups Broccoli and Cauliflower w/ cheese slice 117
    1/2 gala apple 36

Total 286

Snack
    String Cheese 80
    10 Grapes 34

We're having pizza, want'a come over?
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    breakfast had oatmeal with half banana

lunch thinking of doing soup and spinish wrap with meat and lettuce and fresh veggies

dinner not sure yet maybe hamburger or something.
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Breakfast

snack:

Lunch:
    1 1/2 cups Broccoli and Cauliflower w/ cheese slice 117
    1/2 gala apple 36

Total 286

Snack
    String Cheese 80
    10 Grapes 34

We're having pizza, want'a come over?

Sure sounds great!!:bigsmile: