I just yummed my yuck! :D

Options
melelana
melelana Posts: 122 Member
Before MFP, there were a few things I wouldn't eat, just because I HATED them:
-Carrots... which some friends said I might have even been allergic to because the flavor would immediately trigger a gag reflex.

AND

-Brown rice... I'm part Filipino and we are all about the steamed white rice. Anything else just didn't taste like rice.

Now...
-Carrots: are do-able most times. I still can't take them raw, but if they are cooked and I have some salty taste to balance it, I can do it.

AND

-Brown rice... is quickly becoming one of my favorite foods. I still love that sticky steamed white rice, and nothing will compare to it, but brown rice is SO GOOD!

My question: have you experienced something like this? Is there a food you have learned to love after eating healthier? Even, are there any junk foods you just can't stand now that you're on a healthier path? I'm curious!

Replies

• nikki91950
    Options
    i've discovered a new love for cooked spinach! as long as it's mixed in with something :)
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Was not a fan of asparagas and now I could eat it for every meal! (I don't, but I could...) :wink:

There aren't any junk foods I CAN'T STAND but I have found I can avoid them now. Like, I got through Halloween without eating a single piece of candy!
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I was like that with celery. I would never eat it because I hated the taste, smell, and texture. Now they are a great snack at work.

Well done!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    i've discovered a new love for cooked spinach! as long as it's mixed in with something :)

I hate cooked spinach, but I love it raw!
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I used to HATE carrots as well.. and mustard. And now I eat both of them daily... and broccoli haha
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I used to hate water, even filtered water, but now I love it! I actually crave it!
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Yup I was the same way with brown rice and wheat pasta .. I couldn't stand them!!! Now its all I buy :-) I LOVE LOVE LOVE me some brown rice and wheat pasta :-)
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey, it's actually edible now.
  • melelana
    Options
    Yup I was the same way with brown rice and wheat pasta .. I couldn't stand them!!! Now its all I buy :-) I LOVE LOVE LOVE me some brown rice and wheat pasta :-)

Oh yes! It just seems to have such a fuller taste!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I yummed my yuck in high school. Had to have a cast on it for 3 weeks. Got out of PE class. It was sweet.
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    i didnt like sushi before... now i love it... hm what else... lol oh meat.... I used to be a NON-MEAT eater -- except for ground beef,and chicken if it was breaded now I eat chicken in any form, most porks (not bacon or pork chops) and I'll eat fish (flounder and sushi)... I think thats it. If I think of anymore i'll come back
  • melelana
    Options
    I yummed my yuck in high school. Had to have a cast on it for 3 weeks. Got out of PE class. It was sweet.

I giggled a good giggle.
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I used to hate water, even filtered water, but now I love it! I actually crave it!

i was the same i us to drink only coke and tea and couldnt have a glass of water even if i was boiling id have half a glass but never a full one. now i drink almost only water and i want it most the time, in fact i cant take soft drink even coke zero can be good sometimes but othertimes i struggle to drink a whole can. i also dont like full cream milk anymore i only like skim milk unless it is in tea then its ok. i cant stand maccas, or rather my body cant it gives me intense pains so i havent had it in about 6 months or more....

grilled fish with lemon i use to hate it now i love it

mashed sweet potato is something i use to like but now i LOVE it.

i use to love red rooster cheesey nuggets but now i find them hard to eat, they are nice but soooo chessey kinda makes me sick