MP3 player for running

Options
2»

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I would hate another Ipod, and would flat refuse to install itunes.

Find out if he hates Apple or not would be step one. If you've already installed itunes for your phone, won't you have to share music?
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Ive got an ipod shuffle that i use when i go to the gym and when i sometimes go jogging =)

Its small, compact, and had a little clip thing that you can clip on your t-shirt/trousers so its out of the way
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    I would hate another Ipod, and would flat refuse to install itunes.

Find out if he hates Apple or not would be step one. If you've already installed itunes for your phone, won't you have to share music?

Not sure I completely understand this but never mind: We have a laptop each, and he is an electronic hoarder so has tons of stuff on his.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input everybody. This is just to let you know I've ordered an ipod nano (the new clip-on variety), now that I've worked out that you can manage other stuff through itunes!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I have the iPod nano (6th gen-clip version) and love it.
    If you have Nike+ ready shoes you can buy a nike+ add-on for ~$25 that'll let you track your miles. I think you can use the transmitter with other shoes too, with a little pouch that attaches to the shoe.
    The pedometer also ties into Nike+active - there's a game where you get Nike Fuel and use it to move through cities.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    bump! Need more suggestions and reviews, thanks.
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    Love the nano because I like to change my mind on the songs I am listening to midway through the run. I also love the stopwatch and the video camera - both come with it. I've been on a run or about to start a race and video tape whatever is happening.
    My husband likes the shuffle, but complains a lot because he can't fast forward an individual track. He likes to listen to audio books during workouts (weird. my husband is weird,) and cannot get to the part he left off on.

I also run recently with my phone - I use runkeeper, which hooks up to gps to track my runs, and I copy a bunch of songs to the phone for the run. This is good, but the ipod is my favorite.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    ipod
  • marylynn85
    marylynn85 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I have the ipod nano also. I love it.
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I spent a whole 10 dollars on this baby. And I love it so much I got 2 more. I use rechargeable batteries as well. Steve has enough of my money, I wasn't going to give him more. Work's great, I bough lightweight headphones because I can't stand ear buds. I just use a safety pin to attach this to my shorts. I don't care if it's not the latest, flashy thing going...it works for me. :wink:

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product.aspx?product=1419897&language=en-CA

Happy hunting