How to make homemade PIZZA!

Options
I am craving pizza.. Does anyone have any ideas? I have those torilla wraps, can that work?

Replies

• NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I am craving pizza.. Does anyone have any ideas? I have those torilla wraps, can that work?
  • mandersen16
    Options
    I used pita bread for a crust then make a BBQ Chicken Pizza. That's my favorite!! Put some low fat cheese, red onion, BBQ and Chicken. So easy and so good!
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    pita bread works- use a little sauce and put lots of veggies with mozza-skim mozza- it's pretty healthy plus you get your fix. Good Luck!
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I havent gotten a chance to try it yet, but I heard you can use the wraps. They say to bake them for a few minutes before you put anything on, to firm them up a little.

Good luck!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Great ideas guys!! Cant wait to make it now. Can I use tomatoe suace or is that a nay?
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    bump for later to add to:tongue:
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    If you search, there are tons of posts out there for pizza recipes. Here are 2 that I thought looked easy and good:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/39474-quick-pizza-margherita?hl=recipes+pizza#posts-401017
    *JasiBella always posts awesome recipes... watch for her posts if you want to try anything new*

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/39029-craving-pizza?hl=recipes+pizza#posts-395554
  • mommyofbandb
    Options
    I make pizza at home using whole wheat soft taco shells. I use the Walmart brand pizza sauce in a jar and low skim mozzerlla chesse. Then I bake them in the oven for about 15 mins. or until really crispy. They are soooooooo good.:bigsmile: My whole family loves them. If you like thin crust pizza then you will love this! :love: :tongue:

Enjoy!! :drinker:
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Great ideas guys!! Cant wait to make it now. Can I use tomatoe suace or is that a nay?

If you use plain tomato sauce, I'd suggest sprinkling on some oregano or itallian seasoning mix... that's really all pizza sauce is anyway :smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I do the pita thing, but with tortillas all the time for lunch. I love how they crisp up. Just be sure not to bake them too long or the edges will burn. I usually do them for about 8 mins at 350F
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I need to get the low fat mozzarella I really want to try that one out!!!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe for pizza muffins! Of course I'm not going to put all that in there and you could always substitute real pepperoni for turkey pepperoni if you have it! As you can tell it is a Rachael Ray recipe ....yum-o!! :laugh:

Ingredients
    · 1 can pop biscuits, recommended brand Pillsbury
    · Cooking spray, for the muffin tin
    · 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
    · 1/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
    · 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
    · 1 small onion, chopped
    · 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
    · 1/4 cup pepperoni, chopped
    · 1 cup tomato sauce
    · 1/4 cup roasted red peppers from a jar, chopped
    Preparation
    Pre-heat oven to 400°F.

Cut the biscuits horizontally into three equal discs. Press them into the cups of a sprayed muffin tin, pushing in on the corners and making sure they go all the way up the sides. Place in the oven and bake until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.

While the biscuits are baking, place a medium skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add the sausage and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add in the onions and mushrooms, and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add the pepperoni and roasted red peppers and mix to warm through.

Take muffin tin out of the oven and fill each pizza crust with about a tablespoon of sauce, a tablespoon of sausage-onion-pepper-mushroom mixture and a sprinkle of cheese. Place under the broiler until light brown and bubbling.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    You CAN use tomato sauce....but if you have some garlic powder and Italian spices you may want to add them....for flavor.
  • Bunny001
    Options
    This is a great idea, I'm gonna try this!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    bump:tongue:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I buy pizza fresh pizza dough at the local supermarket. I also bought a pizza stone.

when I get a craving for pizza, I indulge my craving wih a delicious homemade pie.

I buy low sugar pizza sauce in the jar

low fat mozzerella cheese........or 1/2 the usual amount of regular fat cheese

and add any kind of veggie I want. I even found out pepperoni is not that bad when used in small quantities.

manga!!:drinker:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys got me wanting to make a nice healthy pizza!:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Wow, you guys got me wanting to make a nice healthy pizza!:laugh:

I LOVE pizza............ I just hate not knowing what is in my food. Kinda funny for someone who at mcdonalds:wink::laugh:

So now I have my pizzas in the system here and when I want one....yummo!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I have a recipe for pizza muffins! Of course I'm not going to put all that in there and you could always substitute real pepperoni for turkey pepperoni if you have it! As you can tell it is a Rachael Ray recipe ....yum-o!! :laugh:

Ingredients
    · 1 can pop biscuits, recommended brand Pillsbury
    · Cooking spray, for the muffin tin
    · 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
    · 1/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
    · 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
    · 1 small onion, chopped
    · 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
    · 1/4 cup pepperoni, chopped
    · 1 cup tomato sauce
    · 1/4 cup roasted red peppers from a jar, chopped
    Preparation
    Pre-heat oven to 400°F.

Cut the biscuits horizontally into three equal discs. Press them into the cups of a sprayed muffin tin, pushing in on the corners and making sure they go all the way up the sides. Place in the oven and bake until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.

While the biscuits are baking, place a medium skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add the sausage and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add in the onions and mushrooms, and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add the pepperoni and roasted red peppers and mix to warm through.

Take muffin tin out of the oven and fill each pizza crust with about a tablespoon of sauce, a tablespoon of sausage-onion-pepper-mushroom mixture and a sprinkle of cheese. Place under the broiler until light brown and bubbling.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm:flowerforyou:
  • Bunny001
    Options
    This is fantastic, I just made one and really enjoyed it. I was kinda in a hurry so i just had cheese on it but next time i'll throw some veggies on it. Thanks for leting us know about Pita Pizzas!