5 kg to lose .... HELP?!?

BellaBBB
BellaBBB Posts: 3
:grumble:

I have been mucking around for the last couple of months, and have no decided to get focused!!

Any tips for dropping the last 5 kg?! I am addicted to carbs which is my biggest problem, so any low carb meal ideas would be greatly appreciated...

thanks so much!

Replies

• shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Replace potatoes with butternut squash, parsnip chips, carrot and swede mash instead of mashed potato.

Yesterday I did a stir fry of just veg and turkey goujons and just drizzles a little sweet chilli sauce on at the end , didn't need any noodles or anything with it it was a filling healthy meals using broccoli, carrots,onion, peppers (3 colours).

If you eat sausages,, replace mash with carrot and swede mash, add green beans and onion gravy for a healthier inversion of bangers and mash. Can use lower fat sausages or vegetarian ones if you like.... Stews are nice in winter again could replace the potatoes in it with parsnip cut into diced potato shape, and added swede, carrot, lamb or beef, onions, anything you like really in it..as a stew or a chunky homemade soup.

I'm assuming it's winter there too, if not and it's really hot where you are...salads work for me through summer with grilled prawns, chicken, turkey? ..just skip the potatoes, chips,, rice etc. To make it look like you got rice or cous cous on your plate whizz a cauliflower up in processor to small grains and steam in microwave..I add a little garlic butter to give it some flavour..it can replace rice or cous cous.
  • could have celeriac as well :) lovely as mash or as a cheesy celeriac dish with gammon. Bit of a ***** to chop up, same with butternut squash :P
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    If you up your exercise, you won't need to cut out the 'good' carbs, as you'll burn them off.
  • some great ideas given already, i agree go for the root veggies.
  • Thanks so much everyone - lots of great tips.

Russelljclarke - I'm definitely going to 'up' my exercise, in fact I'm seeing a trainer at the gym this morning to get a new program done up...

Just over 5 weeks till Xmas, so it's my goal to drop the weight by then........ Watch this space !!!:smile:
This discussion has been closed.