I NEED A SCOLDING OR LECTURE

Options
hmo4
hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
I did it again. Pigged out last night on cookies and cookie dough, icecream, you name it. Of course the scale now says I'm up 2 lbs.:sad: So why did I? I didn't really even exercise either. Tried Wii fit. It didn't even get my HR up-so I only burnt an extra 100 cals. I know today is a new day, but how am I EVER gonna drop any numbers if I keep doing this? (the sad part is I was watching the taped BL with my 11 yr old.) Help!:cry::angry:

Replies

• hmo4
    Options
    I did it again. Pigged out last night on cookies and cookie dough, icecream, you name it. Of course the scale now says I'm up 2 lbs.:sad: So why did I? I didn't really even exercise either. Tried Wii fit. It didn't even get my HR up-so I only burnt an extra 100 cals. I know today is a new day, but how am I EVER gonna drop any numbers if I keep doing this? (the sad part is I was watching the taped BL with my 11 yr old.) Help!:cry::angry:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    I think you've kicked your own booty enough. Your gonna lose numbers because it was one day. Your pressing on. Today is the perfect day for some extra exercise to compensate for last nights errors. Evenings are vicous aren't they!
  • Noraavon
    Noraavon Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It's okay! Take a breath and let it go.

I ate a few cupcakes last night and I'm feeling the same way. Carrying around the guilt will only make me feel less motivated though! I think when I get home today I'm going to do a sweep of my cabinets and get rid of everything so I'm not tempted in the evening. Maybe you should do the same!
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    We are all here for you. Don't beat yourself up over one day. :sick: Get back on that exercise horse and ride!!:tongue:
    Your punishment is, of course, to drink all your water :drinker: today and do some cardio!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

{SPANK!!!}
    ok, now get back on track! :flowerforyou:
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm with you today. Last night, my hubby said something that kind of upset me, so I sat down with a bowl of ice cream instead of doing my workout. I conciously thought while I was doing it that I was sabotaging my entire day, but I did it anyway. Oh well, today is another day, and I'm back on track. Don't beat yourself up over it either, because it won't change the past... we can just do our best in the present.
  • cbrooks66
    cbrooks66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I overate some cookies the other day. Get rid of the sugar products and start over. It is a new day...
  • hmo4
    Options
    You guys are soooo awesome. Thank you so much for your support.:smile:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I'm convinced that guilt weighs ten times more than anything you can eat! Don't let the little bumps throw you and don't give in to guilt!!

You'll do better today with a fresh breath of air and a recommittment!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    I'm convinced that guilt weighs ten times more than anything you can eat! Don't let the little bumps throw you and don't give in to guilt!!

So true!
  • hmo4
    Options
    K, I'm now in my exercise geer and can't get motivated to go down to exercise-AGAIN!:sad: :sad: :sad: What's happeneing to me??:cry::sad: :devil: :explode:
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Nothing is happening to you. You are human, but you've got to pick yourself up and get moving! You can do it! Once you start, you shouldn't have trouble doing a whole workout.

Now GET GOING!!! MOVE! NOW!

Don't think about it just do it! NOW! GO!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    K, I'm now in my exercise geer and can't get motivated to go down to exercise-AGAIN!:sad: :sad: :sad: What's happeneing to me??:cry::sad: :devil: :explode:

Just a thought.... maybe you are bored.
    I mean with your diet.... with your workouts....
    It happens to me all the time.
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    No scolding or lecture needed. Just ask yourself, what was it that triggered your "hunger" for comfort food? What were you really hungry for? What were you feeling anxious about? What thoughts were going thru your mind? Next time, you have these thoughts, what would be a better strategy than reaching for the cookie, ice cream, etc.

We've all been there and will be where you were last night. Love yourself no matter what. :heart: Understand and forgive yourself. Feeling bad about it will not benefit anyone. Be gentle with yourself. Very gentle. You are worth it. :heart: :heart: :smile: You are not alone. We've all done what you've done last night lots of times. All we can do is do our best everyday. :smile:
  • wannaBme
    wannaBme Posts: 143
    Options
    When you feel that urge coming on .. STOP ... get away from the fridge, the food the TV
    You are probably tired .. go to bed .. read motivational books ... sleep

Then when you wake up think about what lead to the cravings.
    My guess is your first carb snack of the evening or the diet snack that tasted like sugar ... they can both get the ball rolling for me
  • hmo4
    Options
    Thanks again guys-it sure helps to hear your encouraging words...Now...I am going down to exercise!!!!:drinker: :happy: :smooched: :heart:
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Way to go hotmom !!! Put all your frustrations into that work out. Hope you feel better after!
  • hmo4
    Options
    Thanks, your motivation helped a ton. I just worked out for 140 min. and burned 1029 calories. Did Core Synergistics of P90X and my upper body with weights. Must have been that great breaky I had too. Do you think I can bank some of those calories or no? :bigsmile :noway: :bigsmile: :noway: :bigsmile: :noway: :blushing:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Good turnaround!! Focus on what you want not what you don't want. :happy:
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Yippee!!!
    Wanna know what works for me..I am a junkfood ADDICT. So as someone on here said already..I had no choice but to remove all things that I would inhale..and I replaced those things with 100 calorie versions...because I can't just give it up.....If I tried that after 2 weeks my husband would come home to find me locked in a closet with a giant bag of sunchips stuffing my face...hahaha (good visual?) SO, that's what I did, replaced my sunchips, sour cream and onion chips and kit kats with 100 calorie versions....now...I have 1 and while i probably could convince myself to open another package...i just choose not to! having them in pacakges makes it harder to pig out on!