Waist to hip ratio

Teliooo
Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
Weight loss to me, has always been about being healthy rather than just looking good. My waist to hip ratio indicates I am at low risk, what is yours?

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/waist-to-hip-ratio-calculator/

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Mine: .78 - low risk.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Also low-risk
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    i am low risk too :) xxx
  • heatherdills
    heatherdills Posts: 53 Member
    The body fat calculator put me at 27.7 which is "Acceptable". The waist to hip ratio was .79 which is "low risk". The BMI (which takes nothing into account as far as muscle mass or bone structure) states 33.3 which is "Obese". As the song states, 2 out of 3 ain't bad!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Low Risk :bigsmile: ... but this has no height so I don't know how it can work?
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    My 42 inch waist and 40 inch hips conclude I am at high risk. Although thats not fair, because I've lost fat everywhere else but my gut! :'(

Oh well, thats gonna go down eventually!
  • snookumss
    It works Sweetheart because apparently having fat on your belly is the worst place to have it. It puts you at higher risk for a variety of diseases... not sure exactly which ones again, but probably heart disease or similar.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Low risk! phew!!
  • I am 0.62 which makes me low risk.
  • snookumss
    ?
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Low risk- 0.77
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Being apple-shaped means you carry fat closer to your heart and lungs, compressing them and making them work even harder , thereby making them more prone to complications....I think.

.73, low risk.
  • Vaanja

Because it's not a measure of your body fat or anything, it is simply a ratio between your hip and waist that can be used to determine whether or not your bodyshape is more or less prone to heart disease and such.
  • .66, low risk. Being a pear shape sure helps with this one!!!:smile:
  • Teliooo
    My 42 inch waist and 40 inch hips conclude I am at high risk. Although thats not fair, because I've lost fat everywhere else but my gut! :'(

as it says, some of it is down to genetics. My mum has a tiny waist and so do i in ratio to my size. but my hips are crazy big. I am a 28-30 waist (depending on the day() but a 46 inch hip. As i get thinner the ratio stays the same.
  • Teliooo
    It works Sweetheart because apparently having fat on your belly is the worst place to have it. It puts you at higher risk for a variety of diseases... not sure exactly which ones again, but probably heart disease or similar.

diabetes and heart disease are two of them.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Low risk.

It kind of worries me that we need a special calculator to figure out a ratio.
  • Vaanja

as it says, some of it is down to genetics. My mum has a tiny waist and so do i in ratio to my size. but my hips are crazy big. I am a 28-30 waist (depending on the day() but a 46 inch hip. As i get thinner the ratio stays the same.

Can I just say....so jealous!
    The hips/butt were the first place I lost inches....but...I Liked my badonkadonk... :'(
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    .72...sweet!