Weight watchers is being updated from sunday in the UK??

Options
Hello everyone.

Last night at my meeting the Karon my leader anounced that the plan was being updated from sunday this week which is 20th November. She said we would be getting the new info at our next meeting. Has anyone else heard this?

She said the points values were the same with some modifications on 'the filling foods' and that the old members who enjoyed the core plan before it changed will like the new introduction as their will be something similar coming into place.
She also said you would be able to mix the plans and do it one way one day and the new way another??

I am interested to hear if anyone else has heard anything.
Im all up for new changes and moving forward. I have really enjoyed using the pro points method. I will also be happy to give this new way a try when it comes.

What are your thoughts? Some of the other members seemed quite nervous as they feel safe using the pro points. Karon told us that wouldnt be changing you can carry on as usual.

Thanks Luan xx

HAPPY SHRINKING X

Replies

• ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    my ww meeting said she wasn't sure on the changes but just one thing that the points for older people will go up again. but not sure until thurday when i find out more.
  • Maryjaneshoes
    Maryjaneshoes Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It's updating here, too, but not for a couple more weeks...stressing me out, lol. Let me know what the changes are, please?
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I will post any changes I hear about. Im quite excited!! I hope it means we get to eat more haha and have more red wine lol x
  • yadicarter
    Options
    bump
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I heard the same. I was told so many long time members have gained weight on the new program. So they are re-adjusting the points. I am glad. I gained several pounds before I realized it. I stopped PP and just logged calories here. I am almost back to goal.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are doing updates to ours in Canada too, but not until December. I have no idea what the changes are, but I look forward to hearing. I am not counting points now (I count calories instead), but I do still go to the meetings as I am a Lifetime Member and I love the group aspect and hearing tips from others.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    This is why I think Weight Watchers is such crap.
  • Anniegran
    Anniegran Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have to agree with ElizabethRoad there - WW has nothing on MFP.

I don't understand why anyone would want to pay to go to WW when My Fitness Pal is so much better...unless of course, you just go to meet people. I can understand if it's part of your social life but it didn't work for me as well as this.

if you're happy writing down everything you eat why not just do it on here. I joined WW about four times during my lifetime - all in different groups and have never felt as enthusiastic as I feel about MFP.

Good luck anyway - we all deserve to be happy and if going to WW makes people happy - then that's good.
  • SheRa1964
    Options
    Hi Annie,

I actually do like the support I get at WW. I go with my sister and a girlfriend and we do have a very good time. Our leader helps motivate me. I would like to say since joining here and also counting my calories I am doing better. I joined here and didn't lose weight didn't stick with it. I joined WW and was really struggling but the combo is actually making a difference.

I found you can eat too many calories and still stay within your points. I lose slowly and I need a lot of support. Also when I go to WW on Sat morning it motivates me to go to the gym right after and also it is a social thing. It's something me and my sister do together. I enjoy it.
  • Mickyboo1
    Options
    Ive heard the point are dropping to 26 points a day.

I love weight watchers. I've lost 101 lbs. = )
  • grannisue
    Options
    They update every year this time. Sometimes they just tweak the program, which is what I believe they are doing this year. Some years they just revamp and give it a new name. They want to make it better but also want to keep people excited and motivated and not get bored and quit. I like it in conjunction with doing MFP but I start a new job after Thanksgiving weekend and won't be able to go to my daytime meeting and I hate going out at night. Glad MFP is here. I will probably go and get the new materials and see how it goes just checking in here. Lots of support in both places.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I just wanted to invite you to the MFP WW group:http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/discussion/718-weight-watchers-points-plus

No nay-sayers please!