trying to lose weight, but keep putting it on!

Options
2»

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    And someone said that working out too much and not eating enough will make you put on weight. That is simply not true. It may slow your weight loss down, but it wont reverse it.
    That was me..and I agree that it won't make you gain...I just stated it was one thing she might be "doing wrong". This is not likely a real weight gain...its got to be water weight, but something is causing it (so many possibilities).
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Looking way back on your diary, there's virtually no fresh vegetables and fruits. It's all processed frozen dinners, pizza, rice bowls etc. I would skip the beans and chips for breakfast and go for greek yogurt, oatmeal, almond milk and cereals. Eggs are fine, but take the time to make them instead of buying them. Kfc once in a while is fine, but not two or three times a week. Avoid pizza unless it's a reward etc.

One big thing I tell people when they start out, go through your fridge and get rid of the processed meats, sausages etc, take a big trip to the grocery and stay in the outside isles, fresh meats/proteins, dairy and cheeses, then on to the produce department. Buy whole grain whenever you can, avoid sugary cereals and especially take-out and fast foods. I have been to McD's only 3 times in the last 208 days, because I want to live better in the long term, not be satisfied for one quick meal then feel like garbage after.

you're going to need to sacrifice the time saving fast food, and start planning and preparing your meals. It just goes with becoming healthy.

Watch your salt, all that processed frozen food, and fast food is LOADED with salt. Some of your days, looking back on your diary, I would venture to guess have more than 4,000mg of sodium, but you should keep it under 2500, and drink a ton of water. This is where your fresh fruits and veggis come in. you'd be surprised how much they fill you up, but keep your calories down.

Good luck!
  • amylouise243
    Options
    Looking way back on your diary, there's virtually no fresh vegetables and fruits. It's all processed frozen dinners, pizza, rice bowls etc. I would skip the beans and chips for breakfast and go for greek yogurt, oatmeal, almond milk and cereals. Eggs are fine, but take the time to make them instead of buying them. Kfc once in a while is fine, but not two or three times a week. Avoid pizza unless it's a reward etc.

One big thing I tell people when they start out, go through your fridge and get rid of the processed meats, sausages etc, take a big trip to the grocery and stay in the outside isles, fresh meats/proteins, dairy and cheeses, then on to the produce department. Buy whole grain whenever you can, avoid sugary cereals and especially take-out and fast foods. I have been to McD's only 3 times in the last 208 days, because I want to live better in the long term, not be satisfied for one quick meal then feel like garbage after.

you're going to need to sacrifice the time saving fast food, and start planning and preparing your meals. It just goes with becoming healthy.

Watch your salt, all that processed frozen food, and fast food is LOADED with salt. Some of your days, looking back on your diary, I would venture to guess have more than 4,000mg of sodium, but you should keep it under 2500, and drink a ton of water. This is where your fresh fruits and veggis come in. you'd be surprised how much they fill you up, but keep your calories down.

Good luck!

I know my diary looks really bad! LOL, but my first week I ate lots of KFC etc as we had no oven or microwave or anything to cook with, as we had just moved house and needed to get electric sorted.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Logging "walking upstairs" for a few minutes seems a bit over the top and I think you're just hurting yourself by eating back those calories. Are these stairs to your home or something?

I would log only true exercises, like going for a brisk walk, instead of logging all of your short little movements(walking upstairs 2 mins, walking 2mph 5 mins, etc.)

seems to me you are actually eating too much because you are adding these calories in.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you really need to look at the quality and nutritional value of the things you are eating!

some suggestions:

cut down to 1 coke per week as a treat and the same with chocolate & cakes etc- i'm not saying never eat them, but they have little nutritional value.
    no more mcdonalds breakfasts
    aim to get 5 portions of fruit and veg per day