Confused - Am I doing this right?

Options
I have a daily calorie target of 1200 per day - I find that plenty at the moment - expecially when excersiing and eating the calaries back.

I have lost 0.51lb in my first week - I thought and felt like it would be more.

I have just been away for the weekend so havent eaten like I Usually eat, BUT I did lots of walking.

How can get my weight loss to 2lb per week? Do I need to wait it out a couple of weeks to see how body is working etc?

Also I am taking Spirulina - will that have an effect on my Weight Loss?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies

• stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    sounds right to me. could be taking your body a bit to adjust?
    what kind of things are you eating if you dont mind me asking? i just find that even if i am under my calorie goal, but have had a particularly fatty day then i'll put on/maintain.
    i dont use oil or eat cheese. maybe steer clear of that kind of stuff?
    sorry not much help but dont lose hope xxx
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Have a lb. a week is really a healthy amount of weight loss, especially if you are staying within your calories on the weekends. Its great that you are eating you exercise calories back. You will lose weight and not feel deprived. I wouldn't change anything.
  • KirstenRLD
    Options
    when i first started, i didnt lose any weight at all for 2 weeks, it can take time for your body to adjust and for what you are doing to take effect.
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    If you didn't record what you ate or how much you walked over the weekend, then it is possible that you didn't have a calorific deficit on those days. That said, I think 0.5lb loss is fine and you just need to be a bit more patient.
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    It sounds good - don't change anything and wait to see what happens. If you are very close to your weight goal or are not very overweight, 2lbs / week might be unrealistic, but I don't know your stats.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    is it possible you are overestimating your calories burned through exercise? this website seems to have inflated values for exercise.
  • aimhigh4once
    Options
    Hi I looked at your food diary. I noticed that a few days you upped your calories to almost 2000 per day....but that you were walking???? try eating only half of your calories back instead of all. I am new to this but I have read a few things where ppl
    said its trial and error.....some ppl never eat any of their calories back and it works for them while others eat some or all. Just
    keep the diary and monitor yourself and see what your body is telling you:) have a great week:)
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    Walking burns far less calories than you might think (it's still good for you, though, esp if keeping up a good pace, doing hills if possible). An average woman should expect to burn 100cal/10min running (6mph), I would potentially have that burn for walking (4mph). Machines (treadmills) and MPF calorie burns are often quite inflated. Just a thought to consider.
  • Clarabellaaa
    Clarabellaaa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advise.
    I did record everthing when I was away for the weekend offline - it was a great tool to have.

It was my birthday weekend so I did indulge a little and underestimated the amount of walking we did so I didnt indulge too much!

I have made a few changes this week - Eating more Fruit and Veg being one of them :)

By the sounds of things next week should be better without my Long weekend away in the way!!!

Thanks again
  • mandylooo
    Options
    If you have a smartphone you can download the MFP app and never be without it :smile:
  • Clarabellaaa
    Clarabellaaa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have done that - and LOVE it - it even works and searches for food when you are offline!! No excuses not to Log!!
  • mandylooo
    Options
    "like" :smile: