Contraceptive pill

2»

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    I take Loestrin 24 FE and I've had no problems what so ever with weight gain or losing weight.

The reason why I gained weight while on the pill is because I ate like crap and drank like mad.. not because I started taking the pill.
    Once I lowered my calories and started eating better, plus exercise, the weight started to melt off without any problems.
    I do notice a hiccup around the time of my period.. but thats all. Other then that its been smooth sailing and 28 pounds gone with ease..
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Don't take it! It made me put on 30 pounds, slowly put surely. Problem was it was impossible to lose weight no matter how much I worked out and how little I ate until I got off it.

How do you know it's the pill? Weight gain can be due to a number of reasons.. Bad eating, lack of exercise, alcohol, sodium, and the list goes on and on. It may have played a role in your weight gain, but the pill it's self did not make you gain 30 pounds.

Plus it may have just been the wrong pill for you... but for OP, it may be just fine.
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 628 Member
    I was on Nuvaring, it was amazing and I didn't have any side effects on it or when I got off. Plus it is super convinent.

^^^ I agree!! Very simple & convinent... I haven't noticed any side effects and I've been using it for years...
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    I had a bad experience all around with hormonal birth control - water weight, migraines, fatigue, depression, severe lack of sex drive, etc. It's a very individual thing, though. Due to the severe migraines that I had, there's no way I'd ever take the stuff again. It's been far easier to maintain and lose weight OFF the stuff, too.