Lost 60 lbs but gaining back - don't want to go there again!

divadeb
divadeb Posts: 7 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Yes, I'm another newbie. Weighed 200 lbs 4 years ago and managed to whittle it down to 140 over 3 years, but in the past year I'm creeping back up again (at 157 lbs now). The methods I used previously don't seem to be doing it for me anymore. Never tried online support before and thought I should try something new, so here I am. I do have a group I've been meeting with once a week throughout my weight loss (and now gain), and they all really help with motivation and encouragement, but my schedule has changed and it's hard to connect with any of them in between. It's discouraging to know that 95% of people who lose a significant amount of weight tend to gain it back, and I really DON'[T want to be part of that statistic! I wanna be in the 5%!

My weight loss regimen was very health-oriented and gradual, and it was centered more around lifestyle change rather than a "diet," so I've been dismayed at how hard it's been to stop myself from slipping back into my old, bad habits that I'd hoped were in my past for good.

Hope this web site can help me . . .

Replies

• divadeb
    Yes, I'm another newbie. Weighed 200 lbs 4 years ago and managed to whittle it down to 140 over 3 years, but in the past year I'm creeping back up again (at 157 lbs now). The methods I used previously don't seem to be doing it for me anymore. Never tried online support before and thought I should try something new, so here I am. I do have a group I've been meeting with once a week throughout my weight loss (and now gain), and they all really help with motivation and encouragement, but my schedule has changed and it's hard to connect with any of them in between. It's discouraging to know that 95% of people who lose a significant amount of weight tend to gain it back, and I really DON'[T want to be part of that statistic! I wanna be in the 5%!

My weight loss regimen was very health-oriented and gradual, and it was centered more around lifestyle change rather than a "diet," so I've been dismayed at how hard it's been to stop myself from slipping back into my old, bad habits that I'd hoped were in my past for good.

Hope this web site can help me . . .
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Welcome aboard!! Im sure if you dive back into the old you and think of all the healthy benefits you will be able to do this!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and Welcome to MFP. You will absoultly love this site, if you don't already. I love it here. Everyone is so helpful, supportive and nice. I find that this site is a big motivational tool. Anyways, I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • divadeb
    Thanks -- I'm still learning my way around the site. Never worked in a message board (is that what this is?) before. I'm only okay with computers, which is part of why I haven't tried one of these sites before now.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Welcome to mfp:flowerforyou:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    welcome to the boards and good luck with your weight loss Journey!!!
This discussion has been closed.