Finally made it! Did the impossible.

Options
Morning MFP friends. I've finally hit my target!

I've updated my current weight which is a few pounds below my target goal. I never knew I could weight this again figuring at the very least I'd get to 200 lbs (my goal from when I was a skinny teenager and goal when I was 245lbs)

What helped me early on was as I lost weight, I would instead of logging 2 pounds lost, I would only log 1lb or if 1lb lost would log .5 pounds until I had a 3 - 5 pound buffer.

I did this simply because I'm a scale addict and if I had to weigh in at the end of a week and see a 1lb gain was very discouraging.

Body weight fluctuates on a daily basis anyway so those weeks that I had a slight gain, I tapped into my buffer and still logged a slight weigh loss. Psychologically, it kept me on track. But that's just me. Overall of course the end result was that despite the yo-yo's the overall trend was always down.

Now that I'm beyond my actual target which I never dreamed I could reach (I weight the same as I did when I was 18), I am now shifting gears and trying to gain back the muscle lost.

I think earlier on I was too aggressive with my weight loss trying not only for the 500 daily deficit but striving for 1000, hence significant muscle loss.

Now that I've hit beyond my target (and everyone saying I'm now too skinny), I'm am shifting gears into bodybuilding mode again which is a struggle in mindset to eat surplus calories.

Of everything I read, they all say that it is nearly impossible to gain muscle without some fat because you need a calorie surplus to do it. I'm now going to experiment with my diet trying to find the right carb/protein/fat ratio that will allow me to build back the 2" I've lost off my arms while trying not to gain excessive fat back. Wish me luck on phase 2 of my journey.

Thanks everyone for your support!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!