Kids say the darndest things!

Options
So I am sitting on the couch playing PacWorld on the Gamecube, and my daughter (4) is watching me play. Then she asks me why Pacman is eating all the dots. I said that was the point of the game, to which she replied, "But mom, is he eats those all he will get fat like you" :noway: I turned and asked her what she said and she quickly tried to backpedal and say "no, I mean um, fat like Ellebee(our dog)" It was absolutely hilarious... but annoying too. Darn kids!!!! :laugh:

Replies

• proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    So I am sitting on the couch playing PacWorld on the Gamecube, and my daughter (4) is watching me play. Then she asks me why Pacman is eating all the dots. I said that was the point of the game, to which she replied, "But mom, is he eats those all he will get fat like you" :noway: I turned and asked her what she said and she quickly tried to backpedal and say "no, I mean um, fat like Ellebee(our dog)" It was absolutely hilarious... but annoying too. Darn kids!!!! :laugh:
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That was too funny.
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    I had the same sort of thing happen over the summer. My little one, 4 at the time was in the neighbor's back yard playing. All of a sudden I hear him tell the neighbor kid that "my mom is fat". I was shocked but then realized that I had not done a good job of keeping my thoughts to myself. He had to of heard me call myself fat. So in the end it was my fault. Little man didnt even know the meaning of what he was saying!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Actually, I love that about kids. I take them with me to buy clothes because they will totally tell me if I look fat in that outfit..

need that kind of honesty..
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    My 10 year old son just told me "Mom, you're getting all crazy about eating healthy and it really ticks me off!!". I think he's going thru sugar withdrawl!!!! :laugh:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My 10 year old son just told me "Mom, you're getting all crazy about eating healthy and it really ticks me off!!". I think he's going thru sugar withdrawl!!!! :laugh:

:laugh: Sounds more like something my husband would say!! Although he has gotten much more supportive over the last year.
  • myhoney
    Options
    i too have heard remarks about my weight from my little one, but i belive thats because i was calling myself fat all the time, since i have tried to stop doing that.
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Kids r so funny...I have lost alot of weight but still think I am fat n my kids hear me say i'm fat..Well we was looking through old pics n my ds Draven says mom u used to be super fat now ur just a lil fat..lol I couldnt but help laugh at him he was so cute n serious when he said it lol..If u look in my profile u'll see how big I was n I still am big just a lil more to go..
  • beagle595
    Options
    Got to love em' :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: !!!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    One of the reasons that is important that we don't use the word "FAT" when talking about our view of ourselves in front of children, while I don't have any yet. I have dealt with it from my niece and nephew....my sister used to be a bigger woman (she has lost 60 pounds), and my niece who is a teeny lil' clover of an irish girl was laying in her bed one day....I was having a tough day so I layed down with her (she was 7 and all of 30 pounds) she is the BEST snuggler, anyway......I fell asleep and she woke me up cause I was snuggling a little too hard....she says "Nanna (that's what they call me) your squishin' me".....I said "sorry honey Nanna is fat".....bless her little heart she said "Nanna your not fat....your squishy.....and I like it, your so cozy"..........the sweetist lil redhead you ever met!

Our kids have a tendency (as you moms know) to really listen to what we say...including the things that seem harmless.......so from now on, when your standing in the mirror and your saying to yourself outloud " I am fat" just say..............."Man I am Squishy!"

hehehehehehe

GO Green