Hershey Kisses are awesome for dieting!

Options
I've unfortunately had to waive off a lot of entirely delicious things to cut daily calories, but these little gems go for only 22 calories each. Best of all, kisses are also available in dark chocolate (20 calories) which is more for my tastes. Even if I only have one in the morning, one for lunch and one after dinner, this 60 calorie sweet keeps me well within my calorie budget. Another great chocolate addition are the 72% Cacao Ghiradelli squares which are a great after dinner snack at only 55 calories by having one square.

hershey_kisses_specialdark_bag_hero.png

2376821808_8f3c0224ff.jpg

Any low calorie sweet discoveries you'd like to share?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If you like them, that's great. Can't stand them personally. The Ghirardelli squares are good though.
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I love 'em, too, but just can't keep myself to only eating 2-3. Sigh. My low-cal go to is Reddenbacher's light bagged popcorn- you can eat an entire large bag of Kettle Corn for 280 calories, and it keeps you full forever. Also like sugar free jello.
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Similar love for me: Lindt Dark Chocolate with a Touch of Sea Salt! Oh, yum....the mild sprinkling of salt in there is the perfect compliment to the chocolate! I keep the bars at my desk at work, and often have 1-2 squares after lunch. Only 45 calories each!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Meringue for a real sugar hit..........Sainsbury's are 52 cals each :tongue:

Sue :smile: x
  • penny5
    penny5 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Very good idea! I love chocolate and I feel like I can't have it when I am "being good". This sounds sensible and I don't have to feel bad about it. Thanks for sharing!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Yep, those dark chocolate squares are awesome
  • countingitall
    countingitall Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I like this idea. Thank you!! Great idea for the choclate freak I am.:flowerforyou: You made my day on this thinking and I will do it.
  • DianeAuger
    Options
    Fudgecycles--you can get the sugar free ones and I believe they are only 60 calories. They are great for dessert or if you have a chocolate urge. I like the Dark Hershey Kisses so I think I will invest in a bag!..thanks!
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I agree popcorn is a good pick and does help with feeling full. The exception to the rule of course would be at the movies:

"It found that a Regal medium popcorn -- 20 cups -- contains 1,200 calories, 60 grams of saturated fat, and 980 milligrams of sodium. That's without the buttery topping that can be drizzled -- or poured -- on the popcorn, which adds another 200 calories and 3 grams of saturated fat per 1.5 tablespoons." - http://articles.latimes.com/2009/nov/19/science/sci-movie-popcorn19

I like having popcorn at home even if I don't eat it because when I go to the movies, I can waive it off saying I've got some at home if I want it.
  • maxwellcoconut
    Options
    Oh wow! Thanks for posting this! I had no clue those kisses were so low in calories! I could defintely use a little chocolate every now and then. :) And now I wont feel so guilty with my cravings! Thanks again!

2839626.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    LOVE These!! And Dark M & M's are great too, but kind of hard to limit the Portions!!!:heart:
  • Tracenspace
    Tracenspace Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I like them too! I put them in the refrigerator and the cold makes them last longer in my mouth!
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    The mini 3 Muskateers bars are only 25 calories and light and delicious!
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
  • jeannec3631
    jeannec3631 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tip...i just got myself a bag of good n plenty candies. 33 candies are 140 calories & i sure don't eat THAT many at a time.
  • kashmirkat
    kashmirkat Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My evening treat lately has been Timothy's White Hot Chocolate - the K-cup for the Keurig is 90 cals and so yum :) The other night I tried the dark chocolate cafe escapes k-cup for 60 cals and it was quite good also, but I only had the one - plan to get more and some mint extract to add to it . If I have the calories I sometimes add an ounce of irish whiskey to my white hot chocolate for a real treat - lol ;)
  • Aegelis
    Options
    'Individually wrapped' small sweets are certainly something I believe in because while I'm unwrapping I can count calories. Also, I find I enjoy them more than unwrapping once and chomping large chunks. Perhaps there's a feeling of sophistication as well like those micro-sized portions at a fancy restaurant :happy:
  • Aegelis
    Options
    Meringue for a real sugar hit..........Sainsbury's are 52 cals each

I've also heard that 'airy' desserts are the way to go, which makes sense. The less density, the less calories and still a tongue pleaser.
  • Arbright
    Arbright Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like Simply Lite chocolate. It's 40 calories per square but if you're anti maltitol you won't want it. I'm a die hard chocolate eater.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    hershey kisses = wonderful. i had 4 last week as my snack and it was fine :) i let them melt in my mouth to last longer haha (thats... what she said?)