New to Dieting and Already Frustrated

Options
So I gained some weight in the last few years and went into major overhaul including joining this site. I stopped drinking soda, which I probably had 2-3 a day, I gave up drinking almost entirely, and I eat low-cal. I also work out 4-5 days a week at a pretty intense level. Yet in the last 3 weeks, I have lost absolutely nothing. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Replies

• dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    So I gained some weight in the last few years and went into major overhaul including joining this site. I stopped drinking soda, which I probably had 2-3 a day, I gave up drinking almost entirely, and I eat low-cal. I also work out 4-5 days a week at a pretty intense level. Yet in the last 3 weeks, I have lost absolutely nothing. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
  • MissMe9669
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat... you are working out that intensly you are probably still losing fat... clothes fit any differently?
  • dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Unforunately, that hasn't changed either. I can definitely seethe muscle definition in my arms and legs, but the belly is fighting the cause!
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, you are wrong there, the belly is not fighting the cause. though it seems like it right now.
    Your body fights fat different then someone elses. You are more like ME in that aspect. OR like the girls on the purple team on Biggest loser. talk about frustrating, those poor things are working out 6 to 7 hours a day with pro trainers.
    Our bodies have to gain muscle 1st, then when it has enough muscle, it eats fat for breakfast.
    SO watch those girls on the purple team, when their muscle gets caught up with their fat. BAM they will lose big time, and so will you!!!
    Your abs are sitting under your belly, getting stronger and stronger and one morning you are going to wake up and look in the bathroom mirror and freak because they will look so good!
    --Diann...
  • luvjames311
    Options
    make sure you drink lots of water. You won't lose weight if your dehydrated. I learned that in physiology I dont remember the details...but its truth....
    good luck!!
  • pokerstar
    Options
    It's not just about low cal but about what *kind* of calories you're eating. You need to find out--whether you use a doctor or trial and error--how your body process different food types.

For me, even complex carbs from grains slow down weight loss. I have to totally stick to veggies and meats to lose weight. No grains at all.

But everyone's different. It's worth exploring the types of foods you're eating.
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I joined the crew just recently. To put my history on here would encompass ALLOT of time and typing and boring reading. I will spare you of the tedious details. Suffice to say after they found out the multitude of issues my body has and what they 'wanted' to do, I decided to go the more healthier way.
    Here is my little tid bit. The docs had me on different pain relievers. When I took a cold look at them and fully read the side effects I found out something surprising. I was actually having allot of the side effects.
    Facial hair (oh thats lovely for a lady!), extra pounds,hormones off, to name just the tip of the ice berg.
    So I would ask if you are on meds of ANY kind. And if you are to go and check the side effects. There was an article I read online by prevention ......or someone in the arena.....that addressed side effects. We women DO experience allot more of the side effects than guys.
    Now, if you are on some type of med, I would see my doc and tell them what you told us. They can work 'with' you on that side of the bus.
    If not taking a med you might want to get the book -What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Premenopause: Balance Your Hormones and Your Life from Thirty to Fifty. The doc in it talk about how it can effect you as early as your 20's. A really great book about how to get your body straight healthfully!!!!! I got it at Walmart. Written by docs.
    Gotta go....got a treadmill calling my name. Have a great day! Live long and healthy!!!:bigsmile:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    It takes time. Step by step and positive thoughts. If you fall off, get up, and start all over again. YOU CAN DO THIS AND YOU WILL SUCEED. Remember we are all here for you.