In between sizes

Options
In the middle of July, I went to buy new pants, because none of mine fit me. I bought a grey pair of slacks, 14Ps, They looked good although I couldn't believe how big I was getting. Since then, I've lost about 18 lbs, gradually and slowly. The grey slacks look horrible, because they HANG off of me. SO, since I have an interview today, hubby and I went to the store last night so I could get a smaller pair of the same grey slacks. (I love them despite them being too big). Tried on a 12P and they are still tight!!! WTH! The brand doesn't make 13P and I'm so frustrated that I thought the 12s would fit. CRAP!

Replies

• roberts1013
    roberts1013 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    one of the joys of weight loss. your body doesnt loose fat in even sizes. I have the same issues with pants. Dont let it get you frustrated just keep at it and in a few weeks the 12's will fit great!!
  • brimir
    brimir Posts: 72
    Options
    wear a skirt!! good luck with the interview! :)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Try different brands, they all seem to measure/fit differently.
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    wear a skirt!! good luck with the interview! :)

Agree! I've been there! Wear that skirt and feel great knowing you look good and will look even better soon!
  • michellevt725
    michellevt725 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've been going through my closet finding old pants to wear. I am fitting in 16s if I buy them now but my old 18s fit (sometimes, sometimes they are falling off of me). I'm scared to look for new clothes to only find out that I need more 18s still.
  • agugino
    agugino Posts: 119
    Options
    I've been going through my closet finding old pants to wear. I am fitting in 16s if I buy them now but my old 18s fit (sometimes, sometimes they are falling off of me). I'm scared to look for new clothes to only find out that I need more 18s still.

I understand that feeling too! After the unsuccessful 12s, I wouldn't even try any more pants on!
  • NickyCat101
    Options
    I was between an 18 and a 20 when I started losing weight. Now an 18 (plus) fits but it can be a little big sometimes. I like to think I'm between a 18 plus and an 18 regular :)

Skirts work great!
  • agugino
    agugino Posts: 119
    Options
    Woops! Turns out my grey pants were a 16P. I looked at them and things made a lot more sense. On another note, another pair of pants in my closet was a size 12 and fit perfectly. Yay! :)