couch 2 5k

Options
I just started week 2 of couch 2 5k. I am looking for other people who are in or around the same week as that? anyone? I am looking for motivation!

Replies

• katdouce
    katdouce Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    hey there....I was doing it last year and fell off the wagon!!! I'm game to get back into it :) I started a couple weeks ago and then stoped again!!!:blushing:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Funny you should ask...

We have a support group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k

it's public, and you don't need an invite to join. Take a look! :drinker:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I've completed C25K and am now training for a half marathon.

Best of luck! It really is a fantastic program :)
  • _Johanna_
    _Johanna_ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    There's a group for that :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k

Congrats on getting to week 2 - Keep on moving, you are more capable than you may know - or at least that was the case for me! I didn't think I could run for more than a minute ever! My last run was 28 minutes :)
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm not in the same place as you.. but that's exactly where I was one year ago! If you need motivation, here's some:
    I was NEVER a runner.. and I began c25k... despite a very serious hospitalization for my daughter and 30 day setback for me.. I finished it.. Then ran a 5K and placed 2nd in my division.. then ran another 5K.. then ran a half marathon!! It was so awesome, and now I never want to quit running!! I'm currently down 45 pounds, went from a size 14/16 to a size 4 and am training for a Warrior Dash. It's so do-able.. all you have to do is keep at it. Good luck!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm all but finished, but if you want to add me as a friend I'd be happy to give tips etc as you progress.
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    On week 6 day1. You can do it!
  • katdouce
    katdouce Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Wk 1 DONE!!!! Here is to tomorrow!!!! :drinker:
  • SHAUNA71904
    Options
    aww yay! thanks so much for all of the replies. I am doing day 2 of week 2 today. Seems like I might be repeating week 2. It seems like the addition of the 30 seconds is tough, but I will beat it! :o) I will check out those groups too. thanks!