Chinese Chicken and vegetables

Options
I had this for lunch from a local restaurant. But I cannot find the calories anywhere. I even went to another website that has calories on everything you can think of (or not, I guess). If you have any ideas or suggestions please let me know.

Replies

• Nlongenecker
    Options
    I had this for lunch from a local restaurant. But I cannot find the calories anywhere. I even went to another website that has calories on everything you can think of (or not, I guess). If you have any ideas or suggestions please let me know.
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    If it included sauces & fried chicken- your well over 500 cals.

On the better note- the vegies were the best choice as long as you didn't put sauce (soy, duck,etc) on them. Otherwise your sodium was through the roof!
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    If it included sauces & fried chicken- your well over 500 cals.

On the better note- the vegies were the best choice as long as you didn't put sauce (soy, duck,etc) on them. Otherwise your sodium was through the roof!

It was not breaded chicken. Just plain pieces of chicken with vegetables in a light white sauce.
  • Kmill217
    Options
    yum that sounds good!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Chinese food is so decieving especially from restaurants..I would add the chicken and the veggies maybe add the veggies under mixed vegetables and then the rice if you had any. The white sauce I know they use peanut oil and some flour but not sure on the exact amounts.....i have noticed in my area most places have calorie sheets they will give you but non of the chinese places have them..nor do the pizza and wings places UGH!
  • Kmill217
    Options
    haha yeah I always make homemade chinese food

I use Light Soy Sauce and sesame oil- I shred Cauliflower for my rice, and grill my chicken with Ms. Dash or a low sodium marinade. Matter of fact, I am going to make this for lunch tomorrow! lol.

DELICIOUS!