Seriously Who says that?

Options
I went to a family party this weekend, and plenty of people were shocked to see what i looked like ( since ive been in hiding for a while now lol) and it made me very happy BUT of course one person had to be the "hater'' and tell me - " u know whats going to happen to you, ur going to get even more skinny then ull end up pregnant again and just gain the weight back!!!!' I was mortified that she said that to me!! Like seriously? I would have rather she not have even commented on me at all! Family can sometimes be ur worst enemy! ughhhh

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    What an immature and absurd comment. I'm so sorry that you had to deal with that. Just know how hard you've worked and how beautiful you are; some people begin to feel threatened. Keep your head up love :D
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I would the one family member who would tell that numbnut to shut the f*** up and leave for being that nasty.... and let me tell you, I have done that!!!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Family - can't love em, can't shoot em

Sorry you had to deal with that; I'd chaulk it up to jealousy.
  • igora_soma
    Options
    You've worked so hard and she was probably just jealous of how gorgeous you are! :)
  • LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    De por Dios!!!!!!!! A friend of mine told me the same thing the other day. She actually said, "OMG MINI!!! I had a dream that you got pregnant and got even fatter than you where before and you was crying because you had just lost so much weight for nothing! I hope that doesnt happen." LIKE FOR REAL THOUGH?
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Seems like a compliment. ie... you're getting so attractive your love life will increase. Unless they were indicating the weight loss would lead to unprotected sex?
  • Signia
    Signia Posts: 21
    Options
    This reminds me of the time I lost thirty pounds and someone then asked if I was pregnant! I was a normal weight then and she had seen me about once a week!

She hid behind that she "heard" it from "someone" and asked loudly "IS IT TRUE??"
    I was all, "Do I look pregnant? You know I don't."

There is always SOMEONE.

With that knowledge, walk proudly.
  • Jackie218
    Jackie218 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    What an immature and absurd comment. I'm so sorry that you had to deal with that. Just know how hard you've worked and how beautiful you are; some people begin to feel threatened. Keep your head up love :D

aww thankyou!! I appreciate it! I shouldnt have let that even bother me especially days later but its sad that u expect the people who know u and love u the most to be so darn rude and mean! oh well i shall keep doing what im doing!! :)
  • Jackie218
    Options
    You've worked so hard and she was probably just jealous of how gorgeous you are! :)

Thanks darling!!!!!!!! Xo
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Insecure! insecure! Insecure! People who say that stuff are seaching to feel better about themselves.
  • Jackie218
    Options
    De por Dios!!!!!!!! A friend of mine told me the same thing the other day. She actually said, "OMG MINI!!! I had a dream that you got pregnant and got even fatter than you where before and you was crying because you had just lost so much weight for nothing! I hope that doesnt happen." LIKE FOR REAL THOUGH?

lmao oh Mini!!!!! The **** people say are just absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!!! I sometimes think people are more happy to see u "fat" than healthy and fit, its such a shame tho! And PS- i do plan on having another child in the future but i now know what to do and eat so that i wouldnt be an unhealthy prego woman again!! and im sure when u decide to have one ur going to go back to ur fabulous self after giving birth as well! So i guess when the time does come well be giving them something else to talk about lol
  • Jackie218
    Options
    This reminds me of the time I lost thirty pounds and someone then asked if I was pregnant! I was a normal weight then and she had seen me about once a week!

She hid behind that she "heard" it from "someone" and asked loudly "IS IT TRUE??"
    I was all, "Do I look pregnant? You know I don't."

There is always SOMEONE.

With that knowledge, walk proudly.

omg thats just horrible!!! i would have slapped them LOL
  • Jackie218
    Options
    Insecure! insecure! Insecure! People who say that stuff are seaching to feel better about themselves.

ur totally right!!!!!!
  • rhaya96
    rhaya96 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. I have one girlfriend who put on a lot of weight after her last child (who was unexpected). She used to go out alot and have a social life and since then she doesn't. She always has excuses not to go out. She only things I'm beautiful when I carry more weight. She calls me "crackhead" when I lose weight. I'm 5'9" and want to stay around 150-155. That's what she calls "crackhead". Lol. I brush it off. You should do the same sweety.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Wow that can be hurtful. Great work by the way!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    What an idiotic thing to say..just because they're our family, doesn't make them smart..lol. You look beautiful and I'm so proud of you :)
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Sounds like somebody's jealous! :laugh:

Still a rude and immature thing to say. But, you're above it :) Clearly you are or you wouldn't have come this far! Let the haters hate, in my opinion. If all they're good at is hating, they're probably not very good at much else.
  • gabriella_0577
    Options
    I agree with all above - I hate it when people say stupid things like that but then cover it up as if they were joking. :angry: The best way to get back at people like that is to go on with your life and be happy; don't give it another thought.
  • kutechick
    kutechick Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yes she is a hater! You look good and she knew it! Don't let anyone rain on your parade!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Lets look at the positive she did say you would get thinner which means you are succeeding at something that lots of people fail at. You are doing wonderful and you are still fertle to have more babies! She was trying to say how blessed you are but in her own words ;)