Yeah ,no longer addicted to Diet Coke

Options
I gave up Diet Coke almost 2 weeks ago:explode: ,what with headaches, anger, obnoxiousness :blushing: and other withdrawal symptoms I thought it would never happen.
Well it did and today I decided Dammit I am going to have a Diet Coke :noway: (just because I wanted one), hubby opened a can gave it to me and like all addicts I took a big mouthfull:frown: YUK it tasted awful but I decided I would persist:grumble: don't ask me why but another mouthful and it still tasted awful so I gave the can back to my hubby and said NO THANKS, (he almost fell off his chair hahaha :bigsmile: ).
Suppose my Diet Coke addiction is almost dead??????, HOORAY

The character of a person is often carried in the mannerisms of his pet.

Replies

• Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    I gave up Diet Coke almost 2 weeks ago:explode: ,what with headaches, anger, obnoxiousness :blushing: and other withdrawal symptoms I thought it would never happen.
    Well it did and today I decided Dammit I am going to have a Diet Coke :noway: (just because I wanted one), hubby opened a can gave it to me and like all addicts I took a big mouthfull:frown: YUK it tasted awful but I decided I would persist:grumble: don't ask me why but another mouthful and it still tasted awful so I gave the can back to my hubby and said NO THANKS, (he almost fell off his chair hahaha :bigsmile: ).
    Suppose my Diet Coke addiction is almost dead??????, HOORAY

The character of a person is often carried in the mannerisms of his pet.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!! Replace it with wonderful water and you will be so much healthier!

I still have a coke zero almost once per day, but I aspire to give it up like you!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Woo-hoo!
    That's great.
    I am not there yet... I do tend to indulge on the weekends with my soda.
    I am getting better though...
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Well done :drinker:
    I've not had coke for months, then I had a glass the other day, and could only manage a mouthful, stick to the water these days - much nicer :drinker:

Hmmm, never EVER thought I'd EVER hear myself saying that :noway: :noway:
  • anabellebf
    Options
    Two years ago I stopped drinking regular coke... I used to have at least one once a day. I replaced it with water (yay for compensatory reflex!) but it still took three months to get rid of the craving.

Just keep going without it, you'll see, you'll feel so much better! I'm with ya! :heart:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats and keep up the great work.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I was so addicted to diet pepsi for years and I quit drinking it in Sept and started drinking just water. Well, about 2 weeks later I tried to have a diet pepsi with my dinner and I couldnt drink it! It was amazing how my taste buds have changed:laugh: So, I havent had any soda at all for over 4 months and dont want it, dont even miss it:drinker: Our body sure does re-pay us nicely when we treat it well!:happy:
  • nicolesdiet0809
    Options
    That's awesome! I quit drinking diet coke Sept 1st and don't miss it at all. I tried a sip about two months ago and it was disgusting! Congrats thats a major accomplishment and I know it was something hard to do!!! :drinker:

113233.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I've pretty much stopped drinking sodas too and I had a glass of root beer today and got the worst headache from it!! It's a good thing and a bad thing all at the same time..guess I'll just stick with water! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!