Loose skin underneath arms.......HELP!

Options
Just wanted to know if any of you guys have had any experience with getting rid of the loose skin under arms any exercises that you've gotten results from????

Replies

• Jeslynjeff
    Options
    BUMP
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    bump
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I WISH there was a miracle cure for this...but I havent found one! The only thing I know is to work on toning and building muscle in your arms (which I struggle with, my arms are me weakest part) I am focusing on building them up now cuz mine wave back a little tooo much :sad:
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Really depends on the person. Time & strength training help, but if you don't have very elastic skin (I don't) it won't ever completely go away...
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    Lat pull downs, anything having to do with triceps, and slather on coco butter. I've been seeing some really good results with these but I'm also 23 so I'm hoping my skin is able to bounce back.
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have by doing tricep dips throughout the day, something like this :http://youtu.be/keKkmYsLTqs
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Strength Training building muscle...
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I use a kettlebell. Its great. My arms have tighten a lot. You can find them at Target , Walmart, and TJ Maxx. Also you can find the exercises on youtube.
  • goddesshanna
    goddesshanna Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If I start to see some wiggle there, I do some sets of tricep extensions to firm up the muscle there.
  • alibreasy
    alibreasy Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm in process right now with some advice from a fellow MFPer on her Carolinamomma....she says that Tricep Kickbacks, Skull crushers, triangle push-ups, one arm tricep push-ups, tricep extensions are all great workouts for back of arms. If you want more details on how to do them, let me know I believe I still have the step by step instruction on how to do each one....believe me when you lose a lot of weight loose skin is the worst, sometimes you can get great results, but sometimes the dreaded surgery may have to take play if its too bad :-/
  • Derameth
    Derameth Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to know if any of you guys have had any experience with getting rid of the loose skin under arms any exercises that you've gotten results from????

I guess it depends on 1. your age, and 2. your weight loss. If you are still pretty young (under 35 or so) you can continue to do tricep exercises, like the french press, or tricep kickbacks.

If you have lost a lot of weight (I have lost 100 lbs and have some lose skin under arms and I am 60) you will have to concentrate on this area. However you will never tone that loose skin from weight loss. You can only build the muscle under that skin.

THere are surgical procedures to remove this "flabby turkey skin" I call it. Brachioplasty or liposuction are two choices, however, with the Brachioplasty you will have scars under your arms toward the elbow.
  • FAVORED1
    FAVORED1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Push ups, kick backs, arm curls, planks, over head press..... and the list goes on and on.... Consistentcy is key!! Now go tone them arms girl ;0) You can do it!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I will let you know in about 12 weeks or so!

I have loose skin under my upper arms, on my lower belly and on my inner/back thighs.

I start tonight a weight training program that is supposed to help increase strength, improve my muscle tone and whittle away at the reminders of my past! :-)

The Trainer who gave me the routine specifically said that in 12 - 14 weeks I would see a big difference in the flabby areas left over from my weight loss to date.

Best of luck to us all!
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have noticed the most improvement since I started doing pullups (assisted - for now!).