Would you rather be??

Options
momof8munchkins
momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
Skinny with wrinkles or heavier but with a youthful face?

I am curious really how people view this.
My husband and I were watching a Meg Ryan Movie the other night "My mother's boyfriend" I think was the name of it . No one can deny that Meg is a beautiful woman ,is very thin and fit. but maybe it was just me ..in this particular movie she looked ..ragged and well just old. I said to my husband . I want to be thin. and you know we all age..it's a fact of life.but I think I would rather have a little more weight on me and look younger than to be so skinny that when you start getting older ( 50's) you start getting wrinkles. He kissed me and said in a playful way "I'd rather you have a little more weight on you too. I don't want to feel like I am cuddling up to a little girl". He's soo sweet. He has never thought super thin women were attractive, he feels they are unhealthy and unnatural looking, lucky for me :laugh: So to compare .. would rather be more Like a Meg Ryan or say a Bonnie Hunt.. still very pretty just not as super thin. I can't think of any guy references of men that are older but still very attractive sorry fellas..but I think it is different for men anyway. they get distinquished not old.

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    how heavier vs how wrinkled....?
  • momof8munchkins
    Options
    how heavier vs how wrinkled....?
    good question lol
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'd like a delicate balance of pudge and wrinkles, personally :) I find both attractive *LOL*
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Well I have been struggling with this too since I just turned 40 and lost my weight.....I have ALOT more wrinkles than I did when I was thicker! My BUTT :sad: even has wrinkles on it! LOL!! BUT I would trade wrinkles for being healthy anyday!! Wrinkles wont kill you! Being overweight and unhealthy will! I love my life and family so much I want to stay on this earth with them as long as I can....even with wrinkles!!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I could care less what I look like. I want to be fit. I want to be competitive in soccer until I am well into my 60's.

If that means a few more wrinkles, who cares? No one ever mistook me for good-looking and that's not affected my life in any way.
  • julieclaussen
    Options
    Funny this comes up now. I just got done explaining to my kids why I cover the mirrors before 10am every morning. I avoid looking at my face until the "tired" look is gone first thing every morning. I have been heavy since the birth of my 3rd child. He is now 9. I haven't seen my jaw bone in 9 years. My face looked more youthful when I was 40#'s heavier. Makes ya wanna suck the fat out of your bootie or thighs, or belly and inject it into your face! Thanks for posting this. Thought I was looney for wishing for a "fuller" face to keep the wrinkles away.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I think I know what you mean, some people that lose too much weight don't have a healthy apperance in their face...they end up looking sick. At 5'6" for myself I'm at not aiming at 124 lbs I'm looking to be at higher level of my range 155 lbs, some people may still say I'm fat...but I'm not one to care about what other people say or think. My doctor thought I looked great when I had reached 175 lbs and she told me best, its all about how you feel.
  • sjcply
    Options
    I can't think of any guy references of men that are older but still very attractive sorry fellas..but I think it is different for men anyway. they get distinquished not old.

I can.....George Clooney, hugh jackman, sean connery,pierce bronson......my list could go on, but guess that is because Im getting older!
  • momof8munchkins
    Options
    I know what you mean. I will turn 40 in March.. right now I have say I look pretty young for my age especially when I keep those grey hairs colored lol but I am overweight even though I have lost over 60 lbs I still have 60 to go. My main goal is health and vitialty more than what size I wear.. but I won't lie and say I don't want to be thin.. cause I do!.. I guess my question is how thin is too thin???
  • sjcply
    Options
    I guess my question is how thin is too thin???

when you look UNHEALTHY or sick!
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I guess my question is how thin is too thin???

when you look UNHEALTHY or sick!

exactly, which is why you can't be too focused on a number. 40 is just a number too, I've reached that this past April and I still feel young inside.
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 5'6" and 124lbs. I would rather be a little thinner and healthier. Wrinkles..big deal unless your trying to hide your age, then get Botox or fillers.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Since I'm still pretty young (27), I don't really have the wrinkle issue yet BUT I do have some loose skin from being obese and then losing 125 pounds. Personally, I would rather be fit and healthy with saggy skin than fat and unhealthy with firm skin (because the fat is what filled the skin out). I would probably feel the same way about wrinkles, although I NEVER want to be as skinny as Meg Ryan. Fit and healthy is the way to go, whether wrinkled or saggy or not.