Need to lose

Options
Hey everyone. So here's my story in a nutshell....I'm 28, about 50-75lbs overwieght, and have high blood pressure. I come from a family that all has high bp, heart disease, and cancer. I WANT TO NIP IT IN THE BUD! However I work about 60-70 hours a week and when I'm not working I am just sooooo tired. I need help. Support. Help me beat the chances of falling in my families footsteps!

Replies

• 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    That's tough. I have a similar story in regards to my family and my size, but I only work maybe 50 hrs/wk. Any chance of waking up early to workout or using your lunch hour for walks? And definitely start bringing healthy options to eat to work - I know (at least for me) vending machines and fast food can be really tempting.
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Start off with your diet. Since you work so much cook meals ahead of time that you can take with you (Soups are easy to freeze, store and take along in a thermos... and they can be really healthy and low cal!).
  • lindseyannie
    lindseyannie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hoxie25 - When I get a chance, I go for a walk. but during my day job I work through lunch. So that's out. I am going to give it a go at waking up earlier at least for a 20-30 minute workout. Better than nothing. Right?
  • lindseyannie
    lindseyannie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    kimberly702 - How come I never thought of soup?! I'm def going to give that a go. Something easy I can make, I can control what ingredients are in it and that's a great easy meal! Thanks!
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hoxie25 - When I get a chance, I go for a walk. but during my day job I work through lunch. So that's out. I am going to give it a go at waking up earlier at least for a 20-30 minute workout. Better than nothing. Right?

Definitely! You can get a great workout in under 30 minutes.

Pilates is a great way to start the day - or I just started the Jillian Michaels Shred workout and it's only 20 minutes long.