I'm usually under the 1000 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Every time I read one of these posts, I think to myself... oh, how I wish I had this problem! I'm like an insatiable garbage disposal and could easily eat 3000 calories a day if I could.

Definitely agree with everyone else about calorie dense food, don't just eat empty-calorie junk in order to reach your calorie goals. Like everyone else has said, full fat dairy, nuts, nut butter, avocados.....Adding olive oil to cooking is an easy way to bump up calories without getting any fuller too.
  • cookikim71
    Options
    since starting Nov. 4 these are the lowest cal that I have had 984, 1090. 837, 836, and 1085. the days that are higher than that is when I'm bad and go to Mc d's and have a double cheese burger. I have 1 pepsi a day which is 250 cals alone can't do diet. I bought some sunflower seeds and which it say's 2 tbs REALLY please. and have some dried fruit.which I don't know what they said about size amout. I'm not weighting everything and my Md says she does not believe in. I just don't know what to eat just for regular food was alway raised with meat and potoes. which I have cut down on them. but I will try many of your suggestions. lost 11 pounds last month still trying to figure that out sorry for jabbering THANK YOU
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I am experiencing the same thing. I am way over the weight I used to be for years. In the past, if I gained a couple pounds, I would lose my appetite until I drifted back down. That wasn't happening after I turned 40, so I've ballooned up.

I consider it just an extension of the way my body has always worked. I do make sure I'm always over my protein and calcium recommendations, and I'm taking a vitamin to make sure I'm not missing any vitamins. But I feel good, have plenty of energy, and am eating a nutritionally complete, low calorie, low fat diet.

You can't just cut back below 1200 calories and eat any old thing and expect it to be healthy, but if you are knowledgeable about nutrition and make sure there are no nutrients being missed, it is possible. It's perfectly healthy to eat only what you are hungry for, and it's a good habit to establish. From experience, when I get back close to my true baseline weight, I get a very healthy appetite.