Quick breakfast

Options
EmmieBaby
EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone had any idea for a quick breakfast...and I mean quick, when I wake up I have about 20min to get ready grab something to eat (normaly my Ensure shake can) and go.

I want something I can just grab and go but still fill me up....

any tips?

Replies

• mmm3689
    mmm3689 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean DeLites aren't too bad. They are low in calories and fat, and only take a minute or two to heat up. They're pretty filling as well.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs can be made in the microwave
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi Fiber instant oatmeal and 2 slices of 40 calorie hi fiber bread. About 200 healthy calories in about 3 minutes.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    Banana and fat free yogurt.

Banana and peanut butter.

Any fruit can be subbed, bananas just seem to make me feel full for a long time.
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    It depends on how many calories you like to spend on breakfast but fiber to stay full. Fiber One bars are 90 calories but won't last you all morning. Fiber Plus are 140 calories and easily glide me to my am snack. If I don't think I'll get a snack I go for a Cliff Bar. They are delicious and only eat up 240-260 calories depending on your choice of flavors.
  • masinya
    masinya Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I take breakfast to work and usually have 2 hard boiled eggs. You can boil them, peel them and keep in the fridge, then just grab and go.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    they can?
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs in the microwave sounds awful... BUT oatmeal is always a good breakfast on the go! I do that almost every morning.
  • UponThisRock
    Options
    they can?

Yep. They will stick to the bowl a bit, but they're done in a little over a minute. Mix them a few times and don't overcook to reduce sticking.
  • UponThisRock
    Options
    Scrambled eggs in the microwave sounds awful... BUT oatmeal is always a good breakfast on the go! I do that almost every morning.

Not as good as the real thing, but they don't taste bad.
  • rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You can make a smoothie with just some yogurt (plain, vanilla, or honey), milk, frozen fruit (anything) and a banana that can be sipped as you head out the door.

I also keep oatmeal, raisins and cinnamon in my desk at work.
  • lorals05
    Options
    Make breakfast burritos sometime and freeze them. Then just pull one out of the freezer and nuke it while you get ready.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I have a microwave egg poacher that I use every day. I 'over' poach the egg, and then throw it on a toasted english muffin with a slice of cheese. Takes less than 4 minutes end to end. ;)
  • maine7290
    maine7290 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are great. I just put 1 1/2 cups of water in the blender, a scoop of protein powder, 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries and a 1/2 of frozen blueberries.
  • Cysso
    Cysso Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I make egg sandwiches. I put an egg in a bowl (sprayed with pam or w/e) and microwave for 45 secs (depends on microwave). Put egg on bread, add cheese if I have the calories, and eat in the car. Takes about a minute or two to make it, and I can't taste the difference in eggs (microwaed v stove) unless I were to eat it plain.
  • ogottwald
    ogottwald Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I eat a hard boiled egg each morning and a grapefruit

Making hard boiled eggs (for 3 to 6 days):
    1) Put 6 eggs in water.
    Water 1 inch above eggs
    2) Get water to boil
    3) Turn stove temp to simmer / low and cover Pot
    4) 15 minutes Cook
    7) Put eggs in cold water to cool and then into fridge

Server Salt and Pepper :-)
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    How about oatmeal?

I have these little pyrex container's where I mix the dry ingredients of an oatmeal for the entire week. All I add when I cook it in the microwave is 1/2 milk and 1/2 water. It takes 1 - 1:30 min.
  • laurenatholen
    Options
    what i do( and this may seem weird) but i microwave two eggs in a medium size bowl and then put it on two slices of 50 cal bread and eat it like a sandwich, very filling and tastes pretty good! ( i recommend adding salt and pepper to eggs before microwaving)
  • laurenatholen
    Options
    I make egg sandwiches. I put an egg in a bowl (sprayed with pam or w/e) and microwave for 45 secs (depends on microwave). Put egg on bread, add cheese if I have the calories, and eat in the car. Takes about a minute or two to make it, and I can't taste the difference in eggs (microwaed v stove) unless I were to eat it plain.

oh my gosh i just said the exact same thing! i didnt see this, sorry haha
  • SoCalMike
    Options

Guess what I'm going to try for lunch?! I try to use Egg Beaters, so I'll try it with that first.