What do do with those cravings before PMS, or just simply cr

Options
I want to share a tip that my doctor gave me when I had these really tough cravings around my PMS.

He told me to eat 1-2 pieces of 70 % chocolate. This is the definition;

Chocolate which is high in cocoa solids (70% or more) is now recognised as having many qualities that are beneficial to health,

Chocolate contains essential trace elements and nutrients such as iron, calcium and potassium, and vitamins A. B1, C, D, and E.

Cocoa is also the highest natural source for Magnesium. Magnesium deficiency is linked with hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, joint problems and pre-menstrual tension (PMT or PMS).

There are benefits in Chocolate for both men and women:

The high Magnesium content of Chocolate is beneficial for the Cardiovascular System and hypertension.

It's a pre-menstrual drop in progesterone levels which is responsible for the violent mood swings familiar to so many women (and their families), adding magnesium to a sufferers diet has been proved to increase pre-menstrual progesterone levels, thus helping alleviate the symptoms.

Hope this will help some of you :happy: It sure helps me a lot !! Maybe it will make it easier next time your craving are hitting you hard :flowerforyou:

Replies

• carly091
    Options
    This piece of info couldn't have come at a better time, I found today very difficult and am starting to pick between meals, definitely going to stock up on some dark chocolate.
  • Kabula
    Kabula Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If I'm really craving it! I buy myself dark chocolate! and eat some pieces! It's healthy for you and won't make you gain weight! plus you just work it out! it's just a treat if you're eating healthy and tracking your intake.
  • hellotina
    hellotina Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this!!
  • andrea_marie3
    andrea_marie3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What a great idea :happy: But for me, it's not usually the sweet that I crave before PMS, it's the comfort food. Any suggestions for that problem?
  • lolamleo
    lolamleo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    awesome tip! thank you so much for sharing.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for years... great idea! Bananas are also fantastic at helping relieve cramps :D
  • eoakhome
    Options
    I also have a mix of nuts ( anyone you like) & raisins that helps me out when I don't have the cravings for sugar, but as you say comfort food. You can also eat some rice crackers ( think that's what it's called). I switch between these 3, all depending on my type of craving :flowerforyou: Did this help you ?
  • searsap7
    Options
    Awesome!! thank you so much for sharing!! couldn't have come at a better time!! :bigsmile: