Tornados, Earthquakes, and hurricanes!

Options
Iamfit4life
Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
Which makes you the most nervous, which makes you the least.

Personally I've been in an earthquake and while it was rather small scale it didn't phase me at all.
I've had tornado warnings and THOSE scare the ever lovin' crap out of me.

Replies

• kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I used to think tornadoes but after the historic flood we had here in Pa just this past September, I would say its a tie between flood and tornado. I'm a total wimp about both of them.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Funny that you mention this, because metro Atlanta is under a tornado warning right now. The sirens are going off as I type haha. You get used to them down here in the south.
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Tornado because of the unexpected. However, I'm not a big fan of hurricane's either.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Tornados and Earthquakes... I've been through a lot of hurricanes. With those at least you have some time to prepare. Not so much with tornados and earthquakes.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I dont think ive ever experianced any of the three to be honest. I bet they are all pretty scary though.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Funny that you mention this, because metro Atlanta is under a tornado warning right now. The sirens are going off as I type haha. You get used to them down here in the south.
    That's what made me think of this. I live/work in that area.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I'd take a hurricane ANYDAY over a tornado! Living in FL I've had my fair share of hurricanes, but tornados scare the bejesus outta me!
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I have only had the pleasure of one hurricane, and it was freaky as hell.

I think a tornado would be the worst for me, because I apparently have been in 2 earthquakes and not noticed.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Hurricanes. Lost most of our belongings to Hurricane Andrew. But they're all scary given the amount of damage they can do.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    My friends in a hallway at work in ATL right now!
    They made them take cover lol
    That's what made me think of this. I live/work in that area.
  • shanaenichole
    shanaenichole Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I live in Kansas, So tornados were my olny real cause for concern. The other day however, I felt my first earthquake! I have to say...not cool... I have also been in a hurricane when I lived in Flordia. I think torandos are probably the scariest. The sound is what gets me.
  • awdhemi
    awdhemi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's funny but I think people tend to be more scared of things that they are not accustomed to. I was born and raised in Southern California. I have been through so many earthquakes that I cannot even count them. I slept through some of them, even bigger ones. But then I married my husband and we got stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. Over here, I have experienced a major tornado than not only formed literally right over my house, but I watched as it ripped pieces of my neighbors roof off and destroyed huge parts of our town a few miles away. I was scared to death and was totally unprepared! But it's funny because most people here grew up around them and are ok. People over here are terrified of earthquakes. When the earthquake hit Virginia a few months ago people were terrified and it was small!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I live in a "tornado alley" so tornado warnings don't scare me as much as they probably should, though i still pay attention to them.

I think a hurricane would scare the living crap out of me if I lived on the coast and I'll never live in places like california due to earthquakes :)
  • shiggyshane
    Options
    tornados and hurricanes you get some type of warning most of the time...earthquakes you dont and trust me i was in cali back in 89 when the 7.1 quake hit and it was very scary got thrown around with that helpless feeling..sigh so not cool
  • MindyLynn77
    Options
    Definately tornados scare me the worst!!! I live in New Orleans, so I've grown up with Hurricanes, I actually enjoy them :) Tornados however, scare the bejeezus outta me! (Had one when I lived in Tennessee after Hurricane Katrina).. CRAZY!!!
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hurricanes are fun! Bring on the party... I live on the gulf of Mexico and we get our fair share. Just pop a top on the beer and hop in the back of a truck to watch the show (no judegment please :smile: ). Tornado's dont really scare me that much either, but earthquakes on the other hand.... NO THANKS!
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Remind me never to moan about the British weather again, ok!!
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    TORNADOS... NO EARTHQUAKES OR HURRICANES IN NORTH DAKOTA!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Tornadoes and Hurricanes sound super scary. Earthquakes? They literally happen daily, here. They don't bother me at all. :)

...Unless "the big one" hits. Then I'll be worried.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I have been in a tornado and a few minor hurricanes. You get a lot of warning for hurricanes. Some warning for tornadoes. But they're both weather related. Clouds go away. I'm 100% certain there will not be a tornado around here today.

However, to know that the ground beneath you can let loose and cause widespread damage? That would bother me.

But as someone else said...flooding causes the most damage/death in the US, and I beleive world wide. Just as Severe Thunderstorms cause more financial damage than tornadoes.