Another Newby here!!!

Options
Hey everyone,

I joined MFP a couple of weeks ago and love this thing. I'm 44 and overweight. I recently trained for and participated in a Tough Mudder challenge....12 miles with 28 military style obstacles. After I finished I decided it would have been alot easier without carrying an extra 35 lbs of weight. So here I am. I'm signed up for another Tough Mudder on March 31st and I'm determined to be in better shape and lighter!!!! BTW, prior to last July I had never worked out to speak of. I'm on a journey to change many bad habits and become a healthier person. I look forward to getting to know some of you and encouraging each other.

Replies

• mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp,

well done on completing a tough mudder. I plan on doing one of these (2013 for me). And food for you for wanting to do one again.

You'll learn loads here.

feel free to fr me.
  • mrsjm2002
    Options
    welcome to mfp,

well done on completing a tough mudder. I plan on doing one of these (2013 for me). And food for you for wanting to do one again.

You'll learn loads here.

feel free to fr me.

Ditto!!
  • fitnatic67
    Options
    Congrats on completing the Tough Mudder. If you haven't done so, sign up for the Warrior Dash and The Spartan. Warrior dash won't seem challenging after the Tough Mudder but it's a lot of fun if you get a bunch of friends to come out and do it. The Spartan is a pretty decent race and they have different levels to it.
  • carly091
    Options
    Well done on on completing your challenge, although i have no idea what it is, i'm new this week, feel free to add me!!!
  • capergal
    capergal Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Well done on on completing your challenge, although i have no idea what it is, i'm new this week, feel free to add me!!!

I don't know what a Tough Mudder is either but it sounds like a lot of hard work! Congrats!
  • SheriF63
    Options
    WELCOME! :wink:
  • SheriF63
    Options
    LOL, I never heard of it either before now, but Congrats! That sounds tough, I don't think there's enough motivation at the end to convince me to even start at this time anyway. Here's to success getting in better shape for the next race.