Notice something interesting at Subway

Options
2»

Replies

• emt8672
    Options
    I have been eating a sweet onion salad dailey and it is sooooo good, very filling and 340 cals. They know me now as the ton of spinich girl !!!
  • rosieratbag
    rosieratbag Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This may be controversial but it'd be healthier and cheaper to take/make your own salad or sandwich. Unless for some reason it HAS to be Subway.
  • rosieratbag
    rosieratbag Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This may be controversial but it'd be healthier and cheaper to take/make your own salad or sandwich. Unless for some reason it HAS to be Subway.
  • sambo155
    Options
    roeieratbag, I totally agree. But sometimes I'm out of stuff at home or don't have time to make it and so I have to buy lunch. We're just talking specifically about Subway. :)
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    when i have to make a trip to subway, i order the italian BMT with all fixings (lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, bell peppers, pickles, olives, pepperjack cheese and spicy mustard) then i sit down and eat everything BUT the bread! I actually fill up and stay satisfied for a long time.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    The wheat has more calories, but it has more calorie content. Its higher in fiber and other nutrients. Personally, I prefer the white, but thats why
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    One easy thing to remember about wheat...if it doesnt say 100% whole wheat than its prolly not much different from the white stuff. If it says 100% whole wheat then the 10 calories is definitely worth it. Just because it is healthier doesnt mean it is lower in calories.
    I was on Subway's website today trying to figure out the healthiest of the $5 sandwiches. There's a section on their website where you can choose your bread, meat, and toppings and it gives you the nutritional values. I put in the 9 grain wheat for my bread then compared that with the other breads. The white bread has 10 calories less than the wheat! I know the wheat is made from better stuff but I also want to watch my calories. What do you guys make of that?
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Is the swiss not processed? Does it come out of the cow as swiss cheese? Im confused by this.
    The other odd thing is that processed american cheese has less calories than what I thought was better: swiss.
    I'll still stick with the wheat and swiss on my black forest ham footlong!

Marc

8357149.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Excellent information! I thought I was doing good by going to Subway but I guess not. It's better than a Bic Mac, right?

Backwoodsmom - I've tried the salads at Subway and I just don't care for them. Plus, they're more expensive! I've asked a few of them why is it that I pay more for a salad when I'm getting less than a sandwich (no bread) and they said it's because the salad has more veggies. Maybe so, but not $2.00 worth! Sheesh! :)

Don't stress about it much, if at all. You can get a very good meal at Subway, especially if you're like me and it used to be all McDonalds and Burger King junk.

Remember this is a weightloss site and there are a few people here who think bread is the devil, HFCS are the devil, etc. I've eaten Subway for lunch on a regular basis since I started trying to eat better and the results speak for themselves. You can lose weight eating more than just salad at every meal.
  • inatay7
    inatay7 Posts: 141
    Options
    the whole wheat bread at subway has High Fructose Corn Syrup in it!!! If you arent familiar, HFCS is very bad for you. In this case, the italian bread is the better choice. however, between the bread being less than healthy and the chemicals in the lunch meat, subway isn't really the best option :(

Another anti fructose person, love it! Weight is falling away without exercise at all, I feel amazing and I don't get crazy (sugar) cravings like I used to.... ahhh the awesomeness of it :-)
    You can also just do without the bread and get a Subway salad.

Love this option- who needs bread :-P
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Excellent information! I thought I was doing good by going to Subway but I guess not. It's better than a Bic Mac, right?

Backwoodsmom - I've tried the salads at Subway and I just don't care for them. Plus, they're more expensive! I've asked a few of them why is it that I pay more for a salad when I'm getting less than a sandwich (no bread) and they said it's because the salad has more veggies. Maybe so, but not $2.00 worth! Sheesh! :)

Don't stress about it much, if at all. You can get a very good meal at Subway, especially if you're like me and it used to be all McDonalds and Burger King junk.

THIS...
    LOL and enjoy whichever one you like. COntrary to belief fast food is not the devil. *GASP* yup I said it.
    Remember this is a weightloss site and there are a few people here who think bread is the devil, HFCS are the devil, etc. I've eaten Subway for lunch on a regular basis since I started trying to eat better and the results speak for themselves. You can lose weight eating more than just salad at every meal.
  • Asher213
    Options
    I tend to order a foot long veggie delite on wheat bread, some chili sauce, maybe some lite mayo but no cheese. Comes to around 500 calories or just under which isn't too bad.
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    The number of preservative in Subway frighten me. I have it maybe once every six months mostly because of all the sodium and other icky stuff they put in there. I mean, have you ever cut up lettuce, left it sitting out all day and not had it go brown? How do they DO that?