Pilates for beginners

Options
Hey everyone, I just bought a CD pilates for beginners, I'm very limited on what exercises I can do. And this looks like something I can handle.....I hope. Has anyone entered pilates as their exercise and under what strength training?? Not sure how to enter it??:noway: Any help welcome MFPs.:happy:

Replies

• Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Hey everyone, I just bought a CD pilates for beginners, I'm very limited on what exercises I can do. And this looks like something I can handle.....I hope. Has anyone entered pilates as their exercise and under what strength training?? Not sure how to enter it??:noway: Any help welcome MFPs.:happy:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I enter mine under cardio. 20 min doesn't burn much but I can tell the difference in my body when I'm doing it and not doing it. I feel less stress in my back/shoulders. Probably from all the good stretching in it. I also think it works the stomach area more than doing crunches.
    I hope you enjoy doing it and can feel the benefits from it.
  • amberca1
    Options
    You can enter a "new" excercise on your excercise tracker just like a food thats not listed on the food diary. I do something called "The Bar Method" which is basically a cross between Pilates and Ballet. I added it as 60 mins for 357 calories. I searched the internet for Pilates and how many caloires it burned (there were alot of diff answers but I averaged them and this sounded pretty accurate to me). Pilates may not burn as many calories as a high=impact cardio like Spinning but it REALLY changes your body- leans, lengthens and tones in all the right places! Good for you for getting that video!
  • amberca1
    Options
    oh- I forgot to mention Pilates is very body friendly (you may feel sore after but its a good type of sore), it's actually helped me with my lower back pain and my flexibility.