Eating too few calories???

Options
hey guys,

Ok when I log n my day I normaly have maybe 80-150 calories left to eat...thats not alot...and im not hungry anymore...but MFP says im putting myself into starvation mode....

I could understand if I was like 600 under or 1000 under...but only 100??

anyone else getting this?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    ht/wt, daily caloric intake, exercise routine?
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're not actually logging every single thing?
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    MFP will always warn you if you're under 1200 calories.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    5'5''
    165lbs

+-1200 calorie a day

work out three times a week for about 2 hours (mostly cardio light strengh)
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    1200 is MFP's bare minimum. You have to get to at least that in order to avoid the "you're going to die" warning.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    MFP will always warn you if you're under 1200 calories.

THIS.
  • EmmieBaby
    Options
    I like that...your going to die
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    150 calories under? All you need is 75 tic tacs. Problem solved.
  • SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 per day as well and I try not to eat any of my exercise cals either so I am constantly told I'm in starvation mode. As long as you're eating a healthy and varied diet, if you're a bit under it'll be good for your weightloss. I tihnk it's just a way of covering themselves if you didn't lose weight at those calories.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It doesn't say you are putting yourself into starvation mode. It says something about the possibility of starvation mode. It is a simple over/under. If you're under 1200 it gives you that message. It's just a computer program.
  • Koors0516
    Options
    I get the same message. Previously suffering from anorexia, I don't take this warning too seriously. Everything I eat, I log in.
    I look at this program as a guide more than anything else... a conscience effort to think about everything I am putting in my mouth.
    As long as you are not hungry AND you are coming close to the caloric count, I don't think there's too much to worry about.
  • prince1310
    Options
    Yes..I get the same thing..but not feeling hungry either and losing weight ...I'm very happy with the way the weight is melting off. 19 lbs so far.
  • Navmachine
    Options
    i think MFP considers 1200 calories to be the bare minimum. anything below that, and it reccomends eating more. i typically dont log every single bit, since "a drizzle" of dressing isnt exactly a standard unit of measurment. :P

i suggest a little piece of dark chocolate to tip you over. or some edamame in the shell. tasty treat, and good for you. :)
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    5'5''
    165lbs

+-1200 calorie a day

I'm 5'4.5", 167 lbs....I eat 1500-1900 cals a day (or maybe more)...I strength train 3x a week and do cardio for 30-45 mins 3-4x a week (days I don't train). I'm set to lose a pound a week.
    How are you losing? Consistently, each week? How much? Have you considered eating a bit more on days you do workout? It's not hard to get some extra calories with healthy food...and really, you should be if you are working out for TWO hours some days.
  • EmmieBaby
    Options
    5'5''
    165lbs

+-1200 calorie a day

I'm 5'4.5", 167 lbs....I eat 1500-1900 cals a day (or maybe more)...I strength train 3x a week and do cardio for 30-45 mins 3-4x a week (days I don't train). I'm set to lose a pound a week.
    How are you losing? Consistently, each week? How much? Have you considered eating a bit more on days you do workout? It's not hard to get some extra calories with healthy food...and really, you should be if you are working out for TWO hours some days.
    I have been loosing/gaining on and off lately, I lost 10 pounds and then gained 4, I normaly will eat more on days I head to the gym, when I do lose weight its normaly 1-2lbs only =(
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I think maybe you are eating too little. Go here and input your info to get a better idea of what you should be eating on average: http://www.cordianet.com/calculator.htm