N00b in Michigan.

Options
Hello, I am new to this weight loss thing. I gained a few pounds after graduating college last year (I believe some prescription medication may have had something to do with it) and can no longer deny that I am technically overweight. I don't have TOO much to lose - 20 lbs - but I've never done this before and need friends to encourage me! I want this to be the new beginning to a more healthy lifestyle.

Also, I am not a runner and never will be. I don't like running and it destroys my shins. So any exercise tips that DON'T involve running are welcome. :) I want to know that I'm not alone in the hating running thing.

So... be my friend?

Replies

• eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hello from SE Michigan and welcome! I am a running hater too. Elliptical and cycling are my passions. I am counting the days until the spring so I can get back on my bike. Please feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • deepwoods
    Options
    Hi there...I hate running to but I love to dance so my 12 yr old daughter and I go to zumba class 6 days a week and it is great fun!!!! I need to get rid of about 30 lbs and I will be happy. I am also on Body By Visuals and I really feel good. I have already lost 10 lbs in a month.